Anaheim Ducks alt concept

habsfan1

Overall, not a terrible design. But, I can't see the organization going this route. Especially since the team's colors have dramatically been altered. The only thing I could see them using from the Mighty days is Jade. Which meshed with Orange might be a beautiful combo.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I would happily settle for something like this - if it weren't for the fact that black, eggplant and silver by themselves and without jade make this look and feel like a Kings jersey, oddly enough, even moreso than the black alternate... which for some reason never really felt too "Kings-esque" to me. Maybe the striping had something to do with that. That minor niggle aside, I do really like the striping pattern you went with :D

Also, I think that by "traditional" colours the team meant "what's currently in use".

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

black, eggplant and silver by themselves and without jade make this look and feel like a Kings jersey

Precisely what I was thinking...

I don't think the organization would ever do this. However, I do like the direction you're going in...

I would try something with orange. The owners (Henry and Susan Samueli) are Orange County natives, so I think their choice to incorporate orange (for Orange County) into the color scheme is here to stay.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

While I appreciate the fact that you're paying homage to the old Ducks color of jade, while incorporating the Orange County-friendly orange into the uniform, I just don't think this would work.

Reason(s) Being:

- In the three (3) times the Ducks have created Alts, they were RADICALLY different then what the team was currently wearing:

TEEMUS3RD.jpg95-96%20Ana%20alt%20Karpa%20frt.JPG

And the other alt(s) the Ducks created were actually rumored to take over as the primary sweaters, hence why they weren't so radical. Also, see the above shoulder patch of Wild Wing, it was also a somewhat "big" change for them.

- Orange is simply an "accent" color to the Ducks, and I don't see it becoming a primary color any sooner than I see the Ducks pulling a Washington Wizards and going with a primary Gold alt.

- As much as I think the "Webbed-D" is an upgrade over the word-mark logo, I don't think the Ducks will go that route, so I hope someone is able to come up with something more original...

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

1st attempt = Los Angeles Kings

2nd attempt = Miami Dolphins

Probably use a lot of black with a large amount of orange as well. Maybe some green (jade) if they want some tie to the Mighty Ducks (and because if they want an old tie to the Mighty days, green (jade) works better with black/orange than the purple (eggplant) does).

And yeah, as much as I like the "D" logo (and it will probably end up on the jersey), I would like to see them do more with it than just throw it on there.

Actually, I just messed around with it myself on my computer (don't want to thread jack, so I wont post it, and mine was just redone in paint so it's crudely done)...

Try using your first concept again. Switch the eggplant for orange. Change the Mighty Duck logo to the D (or something like it. Maybe mess around with it if you like) and I think you've got a dynamite concept, and a jersey I'd buy.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

but the jade and orange look like san jose to me.

...let's not forget that San Jose adopted orange after the Ducks did.

ps) Maybe (if) when the Kings switch back to Forum Blue & Gold, the Ducks can adopt black, eggplant and silver as their colors :P

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

One last one. Just because I love the Ducks...

DucksAlt3.png

I just don't think forest green and burnt orange work... I'd switch the hues up if I were you.

Also, I loathe the "Ducks" wordmark, and I don't feel that the webbed "D" is much better. I would love if someone came up with something original for a Ducks concept rather than just different size and color variations of the 3D>

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I like those colors and the footprint logo alot.

For some reason I have in my head black and orange colors, but knowing they said something from the past kinda throws me.

Possibly just a shoulder patch of the old mask or something?

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived