Minnesota Timberwolves Concept

Funkatron101

I was working on this concept just before the Wolves announced that they were altering the jerseys and releasing a black alternate. So it's a moot point now.

Currently 18 out of the 30 teams in the NBA use the color blue, ranging from royal to navy, in their branding. It is obviously a very popular color in sports, but I believe it is overused, so I wanted to create a different color palette that still retained the history of the Timberwolves.

Thoughts?

Wolves-logo_concept1.jpg

Wolves-jersey_concept1.jpg

Great start! Just a few things to change, though:

1. Remove the logo from above the nameplate on the uniform.

2. Remove the background from the primary logo (the part behind the wordmark and the silver triangles).

3. Where's the home jersey? And perhaps create a green alternate?

Nice work, so far. As a Minnesotan, I enjoy all Wolves concepts.

Punch9

Paw print logos should be reserved for middle schools and maybe high schools. Even Clemson's looks juvenile IMO. Paw prints belong painted on cheerleader's cheeks, not on professional uniforms. Just my opinion, of course. The recolor of the logo looks nice - that's the right shade of green to go with.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really like this. The colors are great... much better than more NBA blue, and they really give the Wolves a unique look. You also put emphasis on what is clearly their superior logo. And I don't mind the paw logo. There's something sublime in its clear simplicity, and you would instantly know the team it represents. However, I do think if it's gonna be in a circle it needs something inside the circle with it (maybe the basketball lines), and I wouldn't put two contrasting logos on different sides of the shorts. I kinda think you should put the wolf logo on the shorts, and the paw (by itself, no circle) in green above the nameplate.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Love the colors. I was expecting another blue & green thing, so it was nice to see this. Black, green and silver is a great combination, which doesn't exist in major pro sports, I don't think. (CFL Roughriders?) I like the shade of green you used.

I would like to see a green road or alt uni, also.

The chevrons on the side of the jersey seem out of place, though. Looks too military.

Funny coincidence: those are the exact same colors for the main team in my basketball novel series.

When will you publish this series, so fellow CCSLC members can read it?

Funkatron101 - You should try creating the green alternate on one of your templates instead of recoloring their current unis. Your design is much better, and recoloring the Wolves' uniform doesn't do justice to your talent.

Punch9

Funny coincidence: those are the exact same colors for the main team in my basketball novel series.

Funkatron101 - You should try creating the green alternate on one of your templates instead of recoloring their current unis. Your design is much better, and recoloring the Wolves' uniform doesn't do justice to your talent.

Punch9

I won't announce the release date yet, but I'll just say It'll be a long time. I'll create a thread in the lounge about it. Note: The intended audience is the 12-15 year-old male population.

Punch9

Thanks. I kind of got discouraged after they announced the jersey tweaks though. I may finish the concept after a few other projects. I actually spoke with one of the VPs at a meet and greet about it, and while we both agreed it was a moot point, he wanted to see the concept anyway.

I sent it off, and he promptly replied, thanking me for my insight and creativity and he forwarded it to the CMO. Obviously it will go nowhere, but I hope this opens up some avenues for fan input in the future.

Punch9

I won't announce the release date yet, but I'll just say It'll be a long time. I'll create a thread in the lounge about it. Note: The intended audience is the 12-15 year-old male population.

Great!! I'm 15, so I probably will be able to relate to the topics covered in your book. Does it involve real players or fictional players created in the Panhead Idea's Factory?

Punch9

Great!! I'm 15, so I probably will be able to relate to the topics covered in your book. Does it involve real players or fictional players created in the Panhead Idea's Factory?

The latter. Again, I'll explain everything in the Panhead's novel thread once I create it.

Archived