Rbk Edge - QMJHL

JackFr

I'm going to finish the NHL one, but I wanted a side-project in the meantime, and there aren't enough Q concepts out there.

As anyone who's seen the Reebok QMJHL collection knows, they didn't have much choice as far as individual templates go. I'm going to try with this side-project to utilize existing NHL templates better as an alternate universe-type series to show just how much of a flop they really were.

#1.) Baie-Comeau Drakkar

Template: Atlanta Away

Colours: Red, Yellow, Blue, White

The existing jerseys share the yellow-red-black colour scheme with Moncton and Acadie-Bathurst, and I thought it was a waste of an opportunity. The blue-red-yellow is so underused and can actually look great. The yellow is a hint to the Viking theme in the logo.

qmjhl2baie-comeau.png

C&C

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

Also, don;t forget sleeve numbers.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Don't constrict yourself to present Edge cuts, design your own, be more original. Right now all you have is a paint by numbers jersey with a pixelated logo. Take your time, put some thought into these.

I don't know if you're familiar with the CHL Rbk Edge system, but no one got to design their own templates. They were all recolours, but not very good ones. I've always wanted to make a project of those travesties; show what they had the potential to be.

I'll make those changes when I get home tonight.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

I don't know if you're familiar with the CHL Rbk Edge system, but no one got to design their own templates. They were all recolours, but not very good ones.

Untrue. Several teams sports unique templates. While many are carbon copies of NHL templates, many teams were hybrids of two Edge designs, or where able to retain their unique designs (see Oshawa, Everett, Owen Sound, Chicoutami, Moncton, Kelowna, Rouyn Noranda and Ottawa as unique examples)

I don't know if you're familiar with the CHL Rbk Edge system, but no one got to design their own templates. They were all recolours, but not very good ones.

Untrue. Several teams sports unique templates. While many are carbon copies of NHL templates, many teams were hybrids of two Edge designs, or where able to retain their unique designs (see Oshawa, Everett, Owen Sound, Chicoutami, Moncton, Kelowna, Rouyn Noranda and Ottawa as unique examples)

Don't forget Brampton :) I was so happy they didn't get some ugly reworking.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

To be clear, they could retain their old ones, but not make new ones. If there are teams in this league with iconic templates I'll leave them be and adjust them. And they won't all be concrete recolors. There will be hybrids and things like that.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Don't forget Brampton :) I was so happy they didn't get some ugly reworking.

I forgot Drummondville as well. They combined their old hem striping with the Ducks sleeves.

JackFr., thanks for clarifying. Even with some of the team that got new uniforms (like Kelowna) still had designs that were combination of different Edge templates. You are correct though, about half of the teams in the CHL simply dropped their logo onto an EDGE template and recoloured them.

Archived