Anaheim Ducks 3rd Sweater - 2010-2011

BrianVlietDesign

Icethetics has it on good authority that the jersey will be black with the standalone "D" logo front and center on the chest. No wordmarks! The sleeve striping will be similar to that of the black jersey but with orange cuffs.

Most intriguing is the return of the classic Mighty Ducks logo inside an oval-shaped shoulder patch, recolored in orange and gold of course. In addition, the jersey features orange piping around the shoulders as well as orange, white and gold piping up and down the sides a la the Flames' jerseys.

This is my concept based upon Icethetics' description. With a few minor changes. One of which is the striping along the arms. It blends both the 06-07 and the 92-05 season's striping and is more slender than their current striping. I also decided to go with a simple shoulder design that would commemorate the team's history. I re-colored the old Mighty Ducks logo and combined it with the team's wordmark oval with a 1993 inside, the year Anaheim was accepted into the NHL.

2ljjbb5.png

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Not sure if you're looking for any critques here...or perhaps, they'd be critiques of the description you were inspired by... If not, all apologies....

Some cool ideas in this, but some things that need to go in my opinion. I'd lose the outline on the shoulders first of all -- I never understood why people would ever think to mix an old-timey element like shoulder yokes and all kinds of swirly modern stripes. Just seems disjointed to me... The flames side stripes are also quite terrible. They're bad on Calgary, and worse here. Lastly - the sock stripes should match the arm stuff. Those wierd modern sock stripes a la ottawa, tampa, etc. are an abomination. Losing all the wierd side stuff would probably necessitate some kind of waist stripe. With these (admittedly somewhat major) changes, the concept could look pretty great methinks. The "D" as the primary is a billion times better then the wordmark.

Good job on the rendering. Probably pretty close based on that icethetics description.

I'd buy it.

However, I'd lose the "1993" until their 20th anniversary in the 2012-13 season! :hockeysmiley:

Speaking of which, the Ducks are now the second-longest tenured team in Anaheim history.

Los Angeles/California/Anaheim/Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - 1966 - Present (44 years in Anaheim, 49 years in the American League & Major League Baseball!)

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim/Anaheim Ducks - 1993 - Present (17 years)

Los Angeles Rams - 1980 - 1994 (14 years)

Anaheim Bullfrogs - 1993 - 1999 (6 years)

Anaheim Splash (CISL) 1994 - 1997, Anaheim Piranhas 1994 - 1997 (AFL), Anaheim Arsenal (NBA-DL) 2006 - 2009 (3 years)

Southern California Sun (WFL) 1974 - 1975 , Anaheim Amigos 1967 - 1968 (ABA), Anaheim Storm 2004 - 2005 (NLL), Southern California Surf 2004-2005 (ABA2000) & Anaheim Oranges (WTT) 1978 (all lasted just a single season before folding and/or relocating.)

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Not sure if you're looking for any critques here...or perhaps, they'd be critiques of the description you were inspired by... If not, all apologies....

Well, I was looking for critique as to accuracy of Icethetics description and critiques on some of my alternate ideas. But, thanks to all for your comments.

Speaking of which, the Ducks are now the second-longest tenured team in Anaheim history.

Los Angeles/California/Anaheim/Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - 1966 - Present (44 years in Anaheim, 49 years in the American League & Major League Baseball!)

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim/Anaheim Ducks - 1993 - Present (17 years)

Los Angeles Rams - 1980 - 1994 (14 years)

Anaheim Bullfrogs - 1993 - 1999 (6 years)

Anaheim Splash (CISL) 1994 - 1997, Anaheim Piranhas 1994 - 1997 (AFL), Anaheim Arsenal (NBA-DL) 2006 - 2009 (3 years)

Southern California Sun (WFL) 1974 - 1975 , Anaheim Amigos 1967 - 1968 (ABA), Anaheim Storm 2004 - 2005 (NLL), Southern California Surf 2004-2005 (ABA2000) & Anaheim Oranges (WTT) 1978 (all lasted just a single season before folding and/or relocating.)

:trophy: Congrats, Anaheim.

:therock:

I have to say that I quite like this... except for a couple of things:

Firstly, the gold armpit thing. I can only imagine that it would look horrendous in person. Secondly, the shoulder logo: I like the additon of 1993 (although as Preacher said, maybe that's best saved for the franchise's 20th season), but I'm not sure sure about the "combo" logo, mainly because I'm not sure how well the teeny tiny letters spelling out "Anaheim" would appear on the real thing :P

The orange outline around the D is a great addition, though.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I have to say that I quite like this... except for a couple of things:

Firstly, the gold armpit thing. I can only imagine that it would look horrendous in person. Secondly, the shoulder logo: I like the additon of 1993 (although as Preacher said, maybe that's best saved for the franchise's 20th season), but I'm not sure sure about the "combo" logo, mainly because I'm not sure how well the teeny tiny letters spelling out "Anaheim" would appear on the real thing :P

The orange outline around the D is a great addition, though.

To answer the question on whether or not they could actually use a "combo", I think it's very possible. With the right proportions, I could see them actually do it. Either that, or they could just shorten it to just "Ducks". Even splitting up "Anaheim" towards the top and "Ducks" at the bottom.

Not to criticize you personally, you did the best you could with the description given, but this concept just validates my fears that Anaheims new alternate is going to be an absolute trainwreck. Shame too because they didnt go all out futuristic it could have looked great. I think Webbed D on its own is a strong logo and the retro shoulder patch is going to be a great touch. Its unfortunate that use Calgary's template, arguably one of the worst in the league right now.

Not to criticize you personally, you did the best you could with the description given, but this concept just validates my fears that Anaheims new alternate is going to be an absolute trainwreck. Shame too because they didnt go all out futuristic it could have looked great. I think Webbed D on its own is a strong logo and the retro shoulder patch is going to be a great touch. Its unfortunate that use Calgary's template, arguably one of the worst in the league right now.

I take no personal criticism for the design. So, you're good. I based this solely on the design description given by Icethetics. So, you're not hurting my feelings. :lol:

Archived