Michigan State

Lights Out

michstate.png

I find Michigan State's current uniforms to be dreadfully boring, and I've always been disappointed that they've never tried to uniquely work in the strong graphical elements of their logo. I tried to do that here to create a modern design. Yes, I know, I used Copperplate, but I think it works for Michigan State in a way. I can always change it later. Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

OK. I think I like the jersey. I don't really like the shoulder squiggle, but I like the Spartan collar.

The pants... I like that you brought the stripes to the front, but it just doesn't seem to work. Maybe try bringing the stripe from the knee up to the butt.

The helmet. Oh the helmet. I like the concept behind it, but not sold on the execution. Instead of the squiggle at the end, why not just make it a straight line like the logo? Then you an bring the supports down and it will mimic the logo.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

As a tried and true MSU fan, I have to say these are GORGEOUS. I love what you're doing with the helmet, but like EStones said, change the squiggle to a line, and you'll have me sold. Seriously. If they make these uniforms, I will buy one, hands down. Beautiful, sir.

im loving the pants. i dont mind copperplate for MS either, but not for the numbers, though you were closer with that than with Impact i think. try another serif font, or the old collegiate block stand by.

im not really sure about the helmet. id probably have to see the decal actualy applied to it to know if it really works or not. maybe try taking that graphic and bringin it all the way down the back of the helmet?

dont like the updated jersey stripes. seems to have no reason for being there at all.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I think you're on to something. I would probably go with a single thin stripe on the helmet, no wavy effects, and let the spartan pattern follow the natural curve of the helmet.

I actually think you were closer with Impact than any of the others (If I'm not mistaken, don't they use Impact on their bball unis?). I'd probably drop 'Michigan State' from the front, it's just crowding things up. If you can, put the 'State' script underneath the numbers on the back. Just an idea.

One more thing, I'd darken the green just a tad.

Archived