Ink's MLB

Ink

I hate to be a dick here, but can you guys please not argue about spanbread1 being panny on my post? Don't get me wrong or anything it's just I would like comments about my concept not about some dueshiar (I know that's not a word but that's what my friends and I call dueshe bags we add "air" to it, sounds better when you say it out loud lol. Again Thanks :P

3535rx3.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to be a dick here, but can you guys please not argue about spanbread1 being panny on my post? Don't get me wrong or anything it's just I would like comments about my concept not about some dueshiar (I know that's not a word but that's what my friends and I call dueshe bags we add "air" to it, sounds better when you say it out loud lol. Again Thanks :P

Whoops it's dueshair not dueshiar

3535rx3.jpg

Technically, it'd be 'doucheair', but I digress.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Technically, it'd be 'doucheair', but I digress.

I've seen both ways lol...jk thanks for the remark doucheair jk :P

3535rx3.jpg

Anyways back on topic

Atlanta Braves Re-Do

1)Darkened the blue, I wanted to make blue the primary since it was the primary in the late 70's I believe

2)Darkened the Red

3)Added piping along the chest like their currents have

Overall I like this update of the Braves so it will remain!

Braves-3.png?t=1286764835

3535rx3.jpg

Truthfully, every single one of these feels rushed and slapped together. On some the numbers are omg HUGE and on some, it's the scripts. In large part, they're kind of uninspired, and across the board at best mediocre.

Ok, I'll start from the beginning.

1. Phillies - Not bad, to be honest. I don't know how well the color scheme works now, I think the blue's too dark to really compliment the maroon, but I like the idea of making the maroon the lead color of the Phillies. My biggest issue with this is the sleeve patch/numbers, as combining them really doesn't work.

2. Mets - here's where things start to go off the rails. Most people would agree that dropping the black was a good thing, but holy :censored:, the execution here is really awful. The scripts are ginormous, hat logo is monstrous, the back numbers are too, the player name being straight is a downgrade (and it's off-center), the two blue alts are unnecessary, and if they were to go with two blue, they don't really match and really throw things off.

3. Braves - the updated colors don't work, the execution's poor... basically see step two, beyond the monumental mistake of giving the Braves a red alternate.

4. Marlins - the road script is absolutely hideous, it doesn't match the home script and the colors are inconsistent across the board.

5. Nationals - Scripts are poor (and don't match the Walgreens W), number font isn't very good, and the 4th of July stuff is just an absolute :censored:ing trainwreck.

6. Cardinals - the St. Louis script as used doesn't work because it's completely off-center. It makes the entire jersey look lopsided.

7. Cubs - nothing here is really an improvement.

8. Pirates - don't hate the ideas here, but there's never a reason a team would need three different home alternates.

9. Reds - the cream doesn't look cream. It looks tan. And it's not a very good look. With the change in scripts, the number/name font feels completely out of place. The Reds have perhaps the best visual history in baseball, so much great stuff to play off of, and this does none of that.

10. Brewers - the BiG clashes with the rest of the set, the scripts don't match, and the inside stroke on the current script just looks... awful.

11. Astros - once again, you just blanded things up. Nothing here is an improvement over what they currently wear.

12. Padres - idea wise, I can't fault you too much on this. That being said, the white SD doesn't look very good, and the road script is kind of unfortunate and doesn't really match... looks especially odd with the number font.

13. Rockies - The Rockies might have the worst every day set in baseball, and yet you still gave the world a downgrade. The entire logo on the script is bulky, the single color numbers (when you use them) do not work, and the awful scripts need something new.

14. Diamondbacks - I don't like the D-Backs script on their actual, but the full thing in that font does not work at all. Similarly, I don't know what you did to the D-Snake, but downgrade.

15. Dodgers - hard to screw up, but the retro sleeve patch feels forced, and the Brooklyn alternate is silly. A fanbase would never stand for their team wearing another city on their chest on a regular basis.

16. Giants - While I can almost appreciate your attempts to change this, and agree with dropping the gold, the road script is really ugly, and black with orange trim has been the team's identity forever (barring this year's awful orange alternate), so the orange script really falls flat. And see Dodgers re: New York alts.

17. Yankees - why is everything outlined except for the New York script on the grey? And what in the world did you do to that poor script? It looks like the worst VectorMagic job I've ever seen. The primary logo update doesn't work because of how much the navy clashes with the bright blue of the hat, the road hat is really, really unfortunate, and the alts add absolutely nothing to the package.

I stopped mentioning the awful execution on the first few, but it's prominent in all. You've rushed every single one of these. It's ok to take some time to try to get things right.

Go and try to go through some tutorials. Start here, especially about arching text. In some of these, you have some good ideas, which is part of the reason I felt compelled to reply. You just have to give them some love/time/effort.

Braves uniform in 1984 was like this that's why I went with it to mix old with new...brave2.png?t=1286818619

Marlins road uniform script from 1993-2002 was different from their home script. Just like many teams in baseball have different home and away script (i.e. Giants, Mets, Nationals...) gq8migeejsjjfgm6gnlpd57kl.gif

Nationals currents road script doesn't not match the "W" notice the "W" is separate from the rest of the script

vt120lzkdeahqoy4p970hvhus.gif

Pirates have three home alts to incorporate their entire history of uniforms (Mets currently have 3 home alts. same as the dbacks)

Reds the script is exactly the same as their current, and the uniform is a replica of the 1970's and the color is the same as the 1970's uniforms too reds3.png?t=1286819441

Brewers the scripts are actually the same

Padres again road scripts don't always match in baseball

Rockies in my opinion have one of the best sets in baseball minus their road pinstrips and single color numbers are what teams used to have in the early years of baseball giving it a retro feel like what all my sets have in common

Diamondbacks I did nothing the the snake except left it the same, and I agree the script is long but I wanted it to read Diamondbacks instead of the ugly dbacks they have now

Dodgers have worn Brooklyn alternates before old_school_dodgers_jerseys_to_honor_a_man_who_never_wore_them_1945_vs_1947.jpg

I do agree with some of what you are saying, I just wanted to defend my work a little. The rest of you critiques are spot on and I do appreciate it. Maybe I was not clear when I started from the beginning that I wanted to mix all the teams eras into on set. I did take the time to research ever team though. I also will fix what you have pointed out cause I do agree with you on that stuff. Again thanks for the feedback it actually was very helpful. I just wanted to explain why I did somethings the way I did them :D

3535rx3.jpg

Archived