Ink's MLB

Ink

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Nationals and Cardinals are both great.

Thanks, I feel like I rushed the Nationals one. I would have liked to do a better job on the 4th of July uniform. But up next is Chicago, which will be hard to improve.

Great, I can't wait to see how Chicago turns out. I haven't seen a really good Cubs, (or did you meen the White Sux?), concept ever sinse I joined in April, so we shall see. ;)

25yzwqg.png

Chicago Cubs

1)Got rid of red outline on home name and numbers to give it a classic feel

2)Added an 1908 retro inspired uniform but change the chest logo from 1908 logo to current and changed 1908 color to current

3)Blue alt home script says cubs instead of bear logo

4)Got rid of the outlines on the road name and numbers

5)Added blue alt away

cubs-1.png?t=1286125541

3535rx3.jpg

If you ask me, it's somewhat of a downgrade. You dulled the home uniform and road uniform. The blue alts are OK, but I do like the 1908 alternates. Maybe we could win some playoff games with them. :rolleyes:

The Cubs are one of a hand full of teams to improve their uniforms. I believe their current homes are perfect the way they are and their road, that is why I added a throwback 1908 style and the homes I was kinda going with an old style feel with no outline, but I see what you mean it kinda blends in with the pinstripes. And the alternate blues I didn't want to go with to logo on the chest cause then I would feel like I'm over using it since i used it in the 1908 style one

3535rx3.jpg

If you ask me, it's somewhat of a downgrade. You dulled the home uniform and road uniform. The blue alts are OK, but I do like the 1908 alternates. Maybe we could win some playoff games with them. :rolleyes:

The Cubs are one of a hand full of teams to improve their uniforms. I believe their current homes are perfect the way they are and their road, that is why I added a throwback 1908 style and the homes I was kinda going with an old style feel with no outline, but I see what you mean it kinda blends in with the pinstripes. And the alternate blues I didn't want to go with to logo on the chest cause then I would feel like I'm over using it since i used it in the 1908 style one

Yeah, agreed, it is hard to make the Cubs any better.

25yzwqg.png

Pittsburgh Pirates

1)Home plain white

2)Sunday home all pinstripe (got rid of the vest, personally I know the vest are a part of Pitts history but I hate vest in baseball)

3)Added black alt home with full pirates script in front, brim of hat yellow

4)Added a alt Friday night yellow jersey to bring back the 1970's era, hat is yellow with black brim

5)Road is pretty much the same

6)Alt road black with Pittsburgh script in front

7)All the patches on the uniforms are the Pirates flag with skull and crossbones bats

8)Recolored the primary to get rid of all things red in their logo and color scheme

Pirates Update - forgot to put the sleeve patches on

pirates-1.png?t=1286216998

3535rx3.jpg

Cincinnati Reds

1)No more black may look bland but I wanna keep it retro 1970's

2)White is now cream color to keep the retro feel

3)Home jersey is like the 1970's ones

4)Alt. home kept red

5)Road jersey like 1970's

Overall not much change just minor tweaks, I thought about added a pinstripe but I didn't, mainly wanted to go back to their glory days of the Big Red Machine

reds.png?t=1286234488

3535rx3.jpg

Milwaukee Brewers

1)Got rid of drop shadow

2)Hat logo is logo used from 1978-1993 but with current colors

3)Blue alt home

4)Added Sunday home pinstripes

4)Road script is script used 1978-1989 but with current colors

5)Blue alt road

Brewers-1.png?t=1286297238

3535rx3.jpg

Houston Astros

1)Both home and away scripts are same as ones used from 1965-1974 but with current colors

2)Added black road alt.

3)All patches are new

3)All hat logos the shooting star is flipped vertically with a "H" for Houston to mimic the ones used 1972-1982 but with current colors

Astros-1.png?t=1286412158

3535rx3.jpg

San Diego Padres

1)Color scheme change to colors used from 1969-1984

2)Home script is current script with colors from 1969-1984

3)Road script is script used from 1991-1998 but with yellow and brown colors

4)Alt. home is brown

5)hats all brown

6)Padre friar logo is current friar logo but colors used fro 1969-1984

padres.png?t=1286466131

3535rx3.jpg

Astros - OK, maybe just slightly better than their current set, but that's not saying much. Is it just me, or is that Astros script slightly higher on the right than the left?

Padres - Very nice. You brought back the old brown and yellow while keeping it modern and eliminating the sand roads and using the swinging friar logo. This is one of my favourites so far.

25yzwqg.png

Archived