Jokerit

Discrim

Someday, I'll do some other European hockey team. Thing is, there are many directions I feel I can take Jokerit in, and it's been a few years, give or take. One thing's for sure, I wouldn't do anything similar to this for Kolner Haie or MoDo, I'll tell ya that.

Without further ado, we got jokes. In Finnish. :hockeysmiley:

jokeritset2010.png

Since my old pc died on me, I had to redo my J and wordmark, and today I decided to tweak it a bit more before realizing I had yet to use it recently. And in case you're wondering, none of these jerseys resemble anything in my last Jokerit set...and about the sponsors, I have no idea what ads are on the real jerseys this season, so I used a hodgepodge of sponsors past. And as I don't exactly like including em on concepts, don't expect me to change em around. Anyways, I was thinking a take on the Habs stripe for the home and away, and then three-color checkerboard for the third (inspired by, oddly enough, a flag I saw a St. Kilda barracker was waving during the AFL Grand Final replay). UCLA's blue was added as a trim color. So what say you about it?

hey, at least I didn't bring back purple and green :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

These are pretty sweet! I've always really liked Jokerit's logo and your wordmark looks great. I don't like all the adds European teams wear, but the way you placed them is tastefully done. The checkers are crazy, but actually work. I hope you do make a few more European concepts. I think quite a few of the Finnish and Swedish teams could have a lot of potential.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Your style really lends itself well to Jokerit. That's the first thing I thought before I even saw your concept. And yet, it's even better then I thought it could be. I think the striping on the sleeves and the body is just brilliant! I like the home jersey the best of the three. I think the one thing that sets it off the best is the thick dark blue stripe between the lighter blue and the red/yellow. I think using that idea with the away, using a thick white stripe instead of the dark blue again, is the only improvement that I could suggest. And that's just my opinion.

Overall, this is up to and beyond your typical standards, Discrim. Great stuff!

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Very Cool. Just one thing, I think it might look better if on the chest banding, the red should be on the left and yellow on the right, to highlight the color of the jester's hat.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

thanks for the comments, and scooter, your suggestion sounded like it'd work, so here's version 2 (nothing changed on either the blue or the checkers)

jokeritset20102.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived