2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The All-Star reserves have been chosen.

Blake Griffin is one of them - the first rookie All-Star since Yao in '03. Other notable inclusions are the Celtics' Big Three and Rondo, Manu, Duncan, Dirk, Pau, D-Will, and Russell Westbrook. Both Kevin Love and LaMarcus Aldridge got seriously snubbed.

I'm very glad to see D-Will going again, he certainly deserves it. I wish he were a starter, but oh well. I'm just glad to see him there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't Kevin Love still get in because Yao isn't playing? Doesn't David Stern select his replacement? I'm not saying I think he'll pick Love, but you never know.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

THE STREAK is in danger with the Cavaliers up 10 on the Grizzlies midway through the second. Yes, that's plenty of time for Memphis to take the lead back, but seeing Cleveland have a double-digit lead is scary. A win for the Grizzlies brings the Cavs into a tie with their own organization for worst slump ever. Do it for Vancouver, Rudy Gay.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Can the Knicks get Carmelo already? That's two recent games that I can recall that the Knicks had a chaance to tie or win late and Amare didn't take the last shot. What's he there for? If Anthony was on this team he would be taking and hopefully making that shot.

What an absolute fraud of a game this turned out to be. If Blake Griffin was a Laker/Celtic/Heat, that would not be a flagrant foul. Gross.

Granted, you can't only play three quarters and expect to win on the road, so the players and staff get some of the blame too.

Yeah that was a pretty BS call. But I have to say, the Clippers are improving at an outstanding rate. I actually wanted to get tickets when they play the Knicks next week, but we don't get our "winter break" off from school until the 18th.

You know, I think the Clippers should try to protest the game and see what happens. The Heat did it a couple years ago over a blatant scoring error (also against the Hawks) and got to replay the end of the game the next time Miami came to Atlanta. Maybe the Clippers could get a replay due to the two blatant officiating errors - getting the out-of-bounds call wrong on Foye's block, and that flagrant foul call - that lost them the game.

Worth a shot, anyway.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Portland, Dallas, Detroit, the Clippers, and then Washington. Let's hope they lose the next four on the way to the roadwinless Wizards. That will be a game for the ages.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You know, I think the Clippers should try to protest the game and see what happens. The Heat did it a couple years ago over a blatant scoring error (also against the Hawks) and got to replay the end of the game the next time Miami came to Atlanta. Maybe the Clippers could get a replay due to the two blatant officiating errors - getting the out-of-bounds call wrong on Foye's block, and that flagrant foul call - that lost them the game.

Worth a shot, anyway.

Doubt they can do it. That Heat-Hawks game was replayed because there was a counting error (number of fouls) as opposed to a blown call. And it was the scorer's error (again, not a ref blowing a call). Thrown in the fact that it was the first replay since 1982, and I doubt the Clippers will have a case. A wrong out-of-bounds call and a questionable flagrant foul call are "soft" errors and I don't think the NBA replays those.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Welp, finally got to see the Clippers live. Man, that is an entertaining brand of basketball on the red-&-white side of LA. I was hoping that the game would devolve into a J-Smoove vs. Quake Griffin Dunk-a-Thon at some point, but instead it was just fun. Kind of a shame that it had to end like it did with the sketchy calls. I've never seen a jump ball called in that situation...weird. Also, if this was the 90s, that Griffin foul on Horford would simply send Horford to the line, it wouldn't be a flagrant. Still a foul, but definitely not a flagrant IMO. As far as the replay (lol) is concerned...if THIS:

doesn't warrant a replay, then a ref's judgment call probably won't. Them's the breaks in the NBA. I think I've said this before, but it's gonna be fun when the Clippers become really good, assuming Sterling doesn't get in the way.

Also, AL HORFORD IS MY HERO.

EDIT: That video is also the reason why I have

for the Cavs. Yes, I hold petty grudges.

Worth a shot, anyway.

Doubt they can do it. That Heat-Hawks game was replayed because there was a counting error (number of fouls) as opposed to a blown call. And it was the scorer's error (again, not a ref blowing a call). Thrown in the fact that it was the first replay since 1982, and I doubt the Clippers will have a case. A wrong out-of-bounds call and a questionable flagrant foul call are "soft" errors and I don't think the NBA replays those.

Yeah, I know, but that was more a pipe dream/me still being pissed about the game, anyway.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Blake Griffin gets the call every other god damn time, it's refreshing to see him not catch a break finally, and I definitely see why that could be called a flagrant. He goes to the line way too often, and if I recall correctly, (which I do) he drew a BS flagrant on Carlos boozer the other day. Ho-Hum, the better team won. Why are we still talking about the Clippers??????????

The Mavs beat the Celtics, I feel this is worth mentioning, if not actually discussing.

EDIT: Wouldn't Horford have been going to the line regardless? It was undeniably a shooting foul. I mean, maybe they could have done something in .6 seconds, but that would require a play to be drawn up by VDN laugh.gif not happening

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived