NFL Uniforms

thebigeh

Coming from someone who lived in Australia and became very familiar with Aussie rules, I think these work for the theme of the concept. The use of the Bears' number font for all the teams is dead-on since practically all teams in national competition down under use something very similar.

As for the latest batch of jerseys, the Seahawks, Texans and Rams are my personal favorites although if it were me, I'd leave the Texans logo off; it looks a little busy to me with the shoulder number and the star there as well.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you are repeating styles a bit too much for my tastes (though it's a little tough with so many teams). Too many of the teams you did are sashes. The vertical stripes show up a lot, however a lot of those really fit well. (Colts, Raiders, Bengals) I really like the two for the Broncos, the "now" and the vintage. Very nice. Others I really like are Rams, Bucs (hoops are a great choice!), Ravens, Patriots, and Bears. And though some styles show up often, you have done a great job on this project.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

I think you are repeating styles a bit too much for my tastes (though it's a little tough with so many teams). Too many of the teams you did are sashes. The vertical stripes show up a lot, however a lot of those really fit well. (Colts, Raiders, Bengals) I really like the two for the Broncos, the "now" and the vintage. Very nice. Others I really like are Rams, Bucs (hoops are a great choice!), Ravens, Patriots, and Bears. And though some styles show up often, you have done a great job on this project.

that's because those styles are very common in aussie rules. Think about arched lettering in basketball, or pin-stripes in baseball, alot of teams use these, it's the same thing in australia

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

• 1 month later...

Hello again.

I've been busy, in my spare time coming up with some vintage footy jumpers for NFL teams, as I said I would.

I created three different types of shirts. One is a V-neck jersey. Another has a collar on it. And the third, and the majority of these designs, have button up collars to them. Also, as in keeping with the past of Australian Rules Football, The majority of my designs have both the black shorts and white shorts, as this was what was worn in the days before color television started covering the game.

We'll start with the originals.

Chicago Bears, early 30s - early 40s

ChicagoBearsVintageJumper1.png

Chicago Bears, early 40s - mid 50s

ChicagoBearsVintageJumper2.png

Chicago Cardinals, early 30s - late 50s

ChicagoCardinalsVintageJumper.png

My favorites have got to be the Packers' green uni with the Wisconsin outline logo, and (I can't believe I'm saying this) the Pittsburgh 1930s uni with the city crest. Vikings look really sharp too. Great stuff!

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

Archived