NFL Uniforms

thebigeh

This was something I've been working, off and on now, for the past 20 years. I've taken the teams of the National Football League, and created Australian Rules Football jumpers for them. I've always liked both sports and I thought there was some kind of natural symetry with them.

I plan to post a few of them right now and see the reactions they get from the CCSLC community. Bear in mind, there will be a couple of tweeks here and there to the logos so as to not make them look too gridiorny. I will explain them as I go along.

I will start by posting the NFL shield logo.

NFLShield1.png

If you look closely, you'll see I tweeked the football to make it look more like an Australian football.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also including a so-called alternate Green Bay Packers jumper that uses the interlocking GB insignia that was used during the sixties. I've always seemed to like that one over the oval G that the Pack used, even though it does closely resemble an Australian football.

VintageGreenBayPackersJumper.png

I will leave this for now. I have more on the way.

ETA: I didn't create any clash jumpers because I wanted to keep it as "old school" as possible. Like it used to be in the old days of the VFL/AFL where teams would play with the same style jumpers - Collingwood vs North Melbourne, Essendon vs Richmond - and only the only differences would be in the pants they wore - dark for home, white for away.

Neat stuff.

Not sure about the Steelers and Packers essentially being the same template, just with some colours switched out. Would like to see the Viking head logo added to the Vikings jumper, even if it's just small at the point of the V. And the Bengals could probably do something more approximating actual tiger stripes rather than just the vertical stripes, which would really set them apart from other teams.

I'm also including a so-called alternate Green Bay Packers jumper that uses the interlocking GB insignia that was used during the sixties. I've always seemed to like that one over the oval G that the Pack used, even though it does closely resemble an Australian football.

VintageGreenBayPackersJumper.png

I will leave this for now. I have more on the way.

ETA: I didn't create any clash jumpers because I wanted to keep it as "old school" as possible. Like it used to be in the old days of the VFL/AFL where teams would play with the same style jumpers - Collingwood vs North Melbourne, Essendon vs Richmond - and only the only differences would be in the pants they wore - dark for home, white for away.

Call me 'old fashioned', but I much prefer the 'G' oval on the Green Bay gurnsey. That interlocking 'GB' just doesn't look like Green Bay. Would like to see how you do the Seattle Seahawks, though.

Also, as a suggestion, the Australian Football League two years back required 'clash' gurnseys in the case some teams with similar uniform styles for the 'away' team. You might want to consider that as well.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Sorry but these look like pee-wee football cheerleader outfits. :P

Possibly field hockey uniforms.

Step outside and read a book sometime. There are sports that exist beyond the borders of the good ole' US of A.

Neat stuff.

Not sure about the Steelers and Packers essentially being the same template, just with some colours switched out. Would like to see the Viking head logo added to the Vikings jumper, even if it's just small at the point of the V. And the Bengals could probably do something more approximating actual tiger stripes rather than just the vertical stripes, which would really set them apart from other teams.

Like I stated before, many of the teams in the AFL/VFL had similar style jumpers, different colors. And there have been examples of NFL teams with similar cuts of uniforms, but different colors as well. My intentions were to try and fuse both into a jumper set that would uphold the traditional Australian Rules jumper, as well as interpret how the traditions of NFL teams uniforms would translate. This is why the Cincinnati Bengals jumper is seen through the prism of the traditional Collingwood/Hawthorn/North Melbourne jumper.

I thought about adding the Vikings logo head to the jumper, but I just sticking to a plain jumper instead. But I did go ahead and added one on for you.

MinnesotaVikingsJumper2.png

And, like the Green Bay alternate, I also came up with one for the New York Giants, using a different NY insignia from the one they use. This was something I had when they still used the GIANTS wordmark on their helmets.

VintageNewYorkGiantsJumper.png

I might come up with some "heritage NFL jumpers" at a later date, if this proves popular.

More to come.

Archived