Cape Breton Screaming Eagles concept

Roger Clemente

I was doodling at work trying to think of ways to improve the fairly plain Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. And I came up with this idea.

ScreamingEagles-0055.png

The striping on the side could possibly work with pants that have similar stripes on the sides. I put striping there to try and evoke the idea of motion, I suppose.

Comments welcome.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I love the actual jersey design. It's a breathe of fresh air to see a traditional striping pattern on the sides rather than the bottom like it almost always is on hockey conecpts.

Not sold on the primary. The thing I don't like is how "Cape Breton Screaming" is just sitting there on top of "Eagles". On the white, it looks typed on afterwords and on the black, all the extra white that outlines the black letters looks off. I suppose this addition wouldn't fit the name but even to put the logo on a shield(a gray one outlined in black?) may help, sorry I can't offer something better to help that primary, could just be me.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Looks good.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Here's one that I did a while back:

Glen_Cuthbert-CapeBreton%28HomeAway%29.png

EDIT: It's considered bad etiquette to post a concept in someone else's thread unless that person says it's okay. Just figured I'd let you know, no harm meant.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Sorry, new to the forums. My bad. Thanks for the heads-up.

Fixed now.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Sorry, new to the forums. My bad. Thanks for the heads-up.

Fixed now.

Not a problem. Some members here are cool with it, some are not. Always good to ask first, to be sure. Welcome to the boards!

HornetsTwistSig.gif

While I really like their current look, utilizing a pseudo-retro Bruins design, it seems incongruent with their crest. Your concept, however, comes together nicely. It has a modern feel without being "pipey for piping's sake", if that makes any sense, and it ties in with their previous unis using the Penguins template.

Just out of curiosity, did you try it with 3-color numbers? Did it look too busy that way?

Nicely done, Rog!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived