Minor League Baseball Fun

fishheatcats

Hello all! Been awhile since I've posted a concept. Feels good to get back in the game(and finally getting around to coming up with a revised presentation template).

One of my general education electives I'm taking right now is Oceanography, and the midterm project involves researching a shipwreck and also tying the presentation into one's major, so I figured this would be a fine excuse to come up with a sports identity.

The shipwreck I chose is the Queen Anne's Revenge, flagship of the infamous pirate Blackbeard. I always thought that was such a badass name for a ship, and since my many childhood family road trips to Delaware took me over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, through Queen Anne's County, Maryland, I put two and two together and decided to work up a fantasy MiLB team that would play there with the nickname "Revenge". The ship is actually wrecked off North Carolina, but the name fits so I figured why not.

qarstyle.gif

The primary logo features Blackbeard himself, clutching a bat rather than his usual sword and/or gun. I couldn't decide which diamond sleeve patch I liked better, so I included both. The first features a baseball being hit from the Eastern Shore of Maryland over one of the spans of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. The second features the "QA" cap mark and elements of the Maryland state flag. The skull and cross bones logo arose out of a desire to do a full on "Jolly Roger" black alternate look.

C&C always welcome!

I like this a lot. However, I think it'd look better with the wordmark on the road jersey and if you made the alternate Maryland flag logo entirely the flag in the infield instead of the half-flag thing you've got going if that makes sense? That said, this is very nice.

6fQjS3M.png

Waaayyyyy too many colours. You've got blue, red, yellow, black and white. And the alt only has black and white in it, as the home and road have no black and white in it. Identity crisis! Otherwise, I love the logos and uniform design. Especially that one featuring the Chesapeake Bay Bridge; that's fantastic! Probably the best custom logo I've ever seen on these boards.

25yzwqg.png

This is really cool. The primary logo is great. The name of the team is one of the most imaginative I've ever heard. I think your identity would be even stronger if you used a lighter blue. Right now, it gets lost in the black. The alternate with the bridge is brilliant.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

:: UPDATE ::

Swapped out the "QA" for the full workmark and removed sleeve number on roads. Also included is a larger version of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge sleeve patch to show the detail.

qarstyle.gif

secondary.png

I tried to incorporate the entire Maryland flag in the other alternate logo as sizemorematters suggested but there is no way to keep the "QA" readable. It requires a large stroke behind it, regardless of the color, and that covers up too much of the flag.

As far as the alternate uniform goes, it's meant to be a off the wall set that doesn't really go with the rest of the identity(like the Padres' camo set or any throwback uniform).

Fantastic job here. My only gripe is that the home and road look a little too far apart. I may change the road's yellow striping/piping to red to match the home's. I also think one hat - navy, red bill, red button, with white GA stroked in gold could work with both sets.

As for the rendering, the alt marks and the alt jersey - love them all. Again, great job.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Archived