Fort Lewis College

raysox

Hey guys. Kinda got a request from another request. I did this logo on a request from Lees-McCray College.

Well here is the email i received.

Hello,

I’m not sure if you remember but a few months ago you created a seriously solid concept for a small college in NC that I have relations with (Lees-McRae College Bobcats). I sent them the package and it took them a while to get back to me but they are finally going to speak about it at their next quarterly board meeting. I gave you absolutely full credit and from what my contact says, it might just go through. LMC is one of the few schools in the nation that has a varsity cycling team and as such, the coaches (who I am very friendly with) speak with other coaches frequently. Long story short, without even seeing your work, I received an email from another school (Fort Lewis College) in Colorado asking if I could maybe get a concept from you for their athletic department. This concept would be slightly more complex however. They are looking to expand upon the image itself so while it would give you more creative room, they may be picky. The team’s mascot is the Skyhawks (a change made in the 90’s due to a Native American Conflict) and the quick change left the school with a seriously lame series of hawk logos. Even though the image is a hawk, skyhawks are usually associated with airplaines so I thought that maybe a Jet-Hawk shape could maybe come into play. They apparently specified to the coach that they would like an “F L” (Similar to the style of the C on the Colorado flag) incorporated somehow into the logo. The colors can be obtained from http://www.goskyhawks.com/ and since you have a little freedom, you can change the disgusting shades of blue and yellow used if you see fit. Thank you very much and I greatly anticipate your response.

Well whatever I'm up for it. What I first thought of was a bird with aviation goggles and headgear on. SO I tweaked it, put the goggles above the eyes, and worked out a concept. What do you think?

FLC.png

I emailed them this and i told them I was going to get expert opinion from the guys at CCSLC. I was going to make up some alt logos, too.

Archived