IIHF World Juniors jerseys

kiwi_canadian

It's that time of year again where the IIHF World Junior Champs have started up in the lower divisions. I've noticed a few changes for some of the countries. First up is the Div II, Group B in Romania. Romania has changed there jerseys. They now have a white jerseys instead of either a yellow or a red jersey:

Romania

Australia has also changed their jerseys...although it might just be for the juniors and not the seniors:

Australia

I like Australia's new ones. They have gone for a more simple classic design from last years jerseys.

The Div. II, Group A is in Estonia and Spain has changed their jerseys. They have gotten rid of their black jerseys and replaced them with a simple red jersey. Haven't seen the white ones yet. Again, this might just be for junior team.

Spain

Great Britain has also changed their jerseys for the World juniors:

Great Britain

Thanks for posting these; it's nice to see some of the non-powerhouse teams get some love in the international hockey world.

Upgrades all around from what I can see. I sure hope that Australia jersey translates to the senior team; the old ones are a mess.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

Thanks for posting these; it's nice to see some of the non-powerhouse teams get some love in the international hockey world.

Upgrades all around from what I can see. I sure hope that Australia jersey translates to the senior team; the old ones are a mess.

I have to agree. Although I did like the old ones, I feel that the more classic looks really good for the Aussies. For an ice hockey program that's been around for over 100 years, I think going back to the classic look is a good choice.

Estonia has switched their yellow coat of arms shield with a gray one and changed their darks from blue to black. Austria has gone back to the traditional eagle after several years with a modernized eagle head.

I didn't even catch those. Good eye. I think Austria going back to the traditional eagle looks really good...Not sure about Estonia though. I think the gold looked better than the gray one.

Here's a better view of the Aussie's junior team jerseys. They have them advertised on the federation website for sale and they are called the junior team jerseys.

Green:

jerseygreen2011.jpg

White:

jerseywhite2011.jpg

I really like them and hope they change to these for the senior team. Here are the ones they have used for comparison:

jerseygreen.jpg

jerseywhite.jpg

Here's a better view of the Aussie's junior team jerseys. They have them advertised on the federation website for sale and they are called the junior team jerseys.

Green:

jerseygreen2011.jpg

White:

jerseywhite2011.jpg

I really like them and hope they change to these for the senior team. Here are the ones they have used for comparison:

jerseygreen.jpg

jerseywhite.jpg

If they'd get rid of the lettering on the bottom of the jersey and kept the stripes going all around they'd have a real winner there.

1zqy8ok.gif

If they'd get rid of the lettering on the bottom of the jersey and kept the stripes going all around they'd have a real winner there.

I agree. If they desperately want the country name on the jersey, they could do what so many other international teams do (Canada, Russia, Germany, Finland and others) and move it to below the crest on the front.

On second thought, I remember during my time in Australia one prominent politician referred to the country as "the ass end of the world"... maybe it's a reference to that? </sarcasm>

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

The top division has started up and one minor change I've noticed. So far all of the jerseys have gone to the wishbone style collar instead of the square or lace tie down style. (This is so far on Finland, Sweden, Norway, Russia, Switzerland, and Germany) Haven't seen the Czechs, Slovakia's or the Americans jerseys yet.

• 11 months later...

Archived