Back Bay United

JamieRose

I had this idea the other day at work. I call them Back Bay United, and they'd play in Fenway Park in Boston, MA. The top of the crest is a nod to the top of the pressbox in Fenway. I wanted to give this crest an irish feel without going all shamrocky. Also, the banner going across roughly translates to "Love That Dirty Water," which is a chorus line from Dirty Water by the Standells which is the unofficial theme song for the Red Sox, and would also be for BBU.

I'm not sure where to go with it. I like it, but I don't feel 100% satisfied.

CrestConcept.png

TDZiMMB.png

MLS?

Looks good!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I would switch the backwards B so that it faces in the normal direction. I would also fill the space in the white area with some kind of symbol that you would chose to be associated with the club. Obviously if you look around the world you've got the Liverbird of Liverpool, the red devil of Manchester United, the clover of Celtic, AC Milan features the flag of Milan beside the red and black stripes of the club, etc. Right now it's got a great start to it, with a nice looking crest shape, but it lacks that "it" factor. Need to find that missing link that will put it all together. Hope that helps.

I do agree that the white space needs something. I'm having a hard time trying to find a good piece of Boston symbolism to put there. I'm trying to stray away from the American Revolution and shamrocks. Unfortunately, the flag and seal of the city don'e lend themselves well to a football crest.

TDZiMMB.png

I like it. It's original, feels like a football crest and could work well if you were marketing it abroad too. Good start.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Quick update. Made the first B face forward, added an emblem to the white space. I took it from the Seal of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It was a very minute detail in the seal, but I really like it. It looks like a flower, but could also be interpreted as a hubcap (and Boston is called the Hub of New England)

CrestConcept-1.png

TDZiMMB.png

guinness_harp.jpg

Aha, now we're getting somewhere! Something along these lines? Obviously different, but just for inspiration...

Whoever said harp had a great idea. What about the harp with two retro stitched footballs on either side of it?

Something like this (as seen in Chelsea's and Barca's crests):

aa66.jpg

Archived