Doug Gilmour

zer0dotcom

Does Dougie have a chance to get in the HoF?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Before you ask, yes, I got the idea from ICS's thread about Vinny. The whole thing got me to thinking about the only Maple Leaf that I ever really cared about, Doug Gilmour. Always a guy who played with his heart on his sleeve, he's been a true fan favorite in Ontario for years. Now thats he's finished his career, should he be considered for a spot in the Hockey Hall of Fame? (I'm of the school of thought that he would still be around if a team offered him the chance, he'd play till his legs fell off)

A few of his stats-

1474 regular season games

450 G - 964 A - 1414 pts

182 playoff games- 187 pts.

Stanley Cup with with Calgary in 1989, Toronto's all time point getter (unless SUndin has surpased him lately and I missed it)

For me, it's favoritism wanting himmnm to get in, but in the end, has he had a Hall of Fame career?

If Federko's in, Killer has to be...

But more than his stats was the way he played the game--a fierce competitor, and clutch player in addition to the stats...

If I were voting on it, when he's eligible--I would vote for him.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Gilmour is in 1414 points and the Leafs frnachise record holder that right there is all you need to know. The Leafs are a cornerstone franchise and holding taht record is a big deal.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Apparently he didn't end with the Blues on great terms, but eh.

It was a very odd scenario. A shame, he was really an up-and-comer in his time with the Blues.

I think Gilmour deserves HoF consideration when he comes up for eligibility.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'd love to see him in. I was always surprised at the respect that the Leafs always showed to #93. each time he was back in town for a game with another team, they would show him on the scoreboard and pay tribute to him, and everyone in the arena would cheer. the only other guy who could get a reaction like that in an opposing team's colours is Wendel Clark. I've got my fingers crossed for him

Archived