Your Christmas/Holiday Uniform Wish List

DustDevil61

One wish: sepia and saffron. For some team out there. Just one...Broncos, Padres...one of them. Please. Seriously...sepia and saffron. Sombody. Anybody.

--Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Use more orange on their uniforms. Red can remain the main color, but a red/orange team is seriously lacking in sports these days, and the Bucs can pull it off. I'd like to see the pewter become more gray.

Help me with this one here.

It's already tricky as is, incorporating the old orange into the new red, pewter, and black. The problem is the orange they currently use is more orange-red than the old creamsicle. All that said, I've long been of the belief that my Bucs would actually be better off stripping all the orange out of the current set. Speaking of, as for the "more gray", I'm going to presume you meant "less greenish-brownish"? If so, then yeah I agree with that somewhat. (Of course, the lighting can also affect all that as well.)

Well, now that you remind me that the Buccaneers wear black on their uniforms (there's so little of it that I tend to forget), I would add to my list the stripping of all the black out the current set. That would be replaced by a gun-metal gray not unlike that of West Virginia's Pro Combat helmets, or maybe a notch or two lighter than that.

It seems that the Buccaneers wear more of a metallic "warm gray" (on left in this link); I would advise a metallic "cool gray" (on right) or more neutral gray with the current orange and red.

Here would be a good color rundown:

Deep Red

Gun-Metal Gray

Orange

This is using the same orange as (I think) teams like the Broncos and Dolphins, as well as the Buccaneers themselves, currently employ. I think it would look good, but that's just me, and the GMG is close enough to black to contrast with the red and orange.

Cardinal helmets for Arizona.

With Black facemasks. Want.

Not that Arizona. Look at my sig.

Sorry...I turned off sigs years ago, and won't ever turn them on again.

So...you mean the U. of Arizona. Gotcha.

(I still want Cardinal Red helmets for the Arizona Cardinals though.)

Well, now that you remind me that the Buccaneers wear black on their uniforms (there's so little of it that I tend to forget), I would add to my list the stripping of all the black out the current set. That would be replaced by a gun-metal gray not unlike that of West Virginia's Pro Combat helmets, or maybe a notch or two lighter than that.

It seems that the Buccaneers wear more of a metallic "warm gray" (on left in this link); I would advise a metallic "cool gray" (on right) or more neutral gray with the current orange and red.

Here would be a good color rundown:

Deep Red

Gun-Metal Gray

Orange

This is using the same orange as (I think) teams like the Broncos and Dolphins, as well as the Buccaneers themselves, currently employ. I think it would look good, but that's just me, and the GMG is close enough to black to contrast with the red and orange.

You are correct as to the Pewter being a Warm Gray...here's the current, custom Reebok color that has been in place since 2008:

TampaBayBuccaneersPewter_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

You are also correct that the current shade of Orange is identical to the Orange used by the Broncos and Dolphins...also throw in the Bengals and Browns (although the Browns use a different textile color than the others do)....

NHL:

No more Edge

No more wordmarks

No more logos-in-circles

No more baby blue.

No more Bettman

Oh wait, this is a jersey wish-list!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived