Your Christmas/Holiday Uniform Wish List

DustDevil61

I know that this is a bit late for December 25th, but I actually got this idea from watching the Heat/Lakers game on Christmas Day: If you could make any changes to uniforms, small or big, what would you want? Note that this is only about changes.

Here's what I'd like to see:

--Miami Heat: Wear their red road uniforms more often. In fact, make the red jerseys the primary once more. The Heat always wearing their black road uniforms reminds me of when the Utah Jazz debuted those late 90s/early 2000s black alternates; you rarely ever saw the purple mountain uniforms after that.

--Denver Broncos: Return to orange uniforms full-time next year (if the 2011 season is indeed played), and burn their navy pants (I know that I've been going on about the Broncos pants today, but man, I hate those navy pants).

--Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Use more orange on their uniforms. Red can remain the main color, but a red/orange team is seriously lacking in sports these days, and the Bucs can pull it off. I'd like to see the pewter become more gray.

--Utah Jazz: Introduce green uniforms for next year and make them the primary road uniforms. I don't know the exact reasoning why the NBA requires 2 years after a major rebrand to introduce an alternate uniform. Grabbing hold of the sole primarily green/yellow-gold identity in the NBA would help the Jazz in standing out.

--Charlotte Bobcats: Introduce an orange jersey, make it the primary. Wasn't the original idea for the Bobcats' supposed to be that they were a primarily orange team? I like the muted blue they have now, but quite literally, half the entire league is blue. Of course, there is a small chance that this becomes a moot point if the Hornets move to Seattle, inherit the SuperSonics name, and let the Hornets name return to Charlotte (if Bobcats ownership allows that), but this thread isn't supposed to be about name swapping.

--Oklahoma City Thunder: Ditch their current logo, replace yellow-gold and navy in the color scheme with a charcoal gray, introduce a red-orange alternate. I know I won't be the only one asking for the OKC Thunder's logo to make a walk to the gallows, but I don't see why the Thunder can't use a storm cloud or something relevant to either Oklahoma or "Thunder" for a logo and then use a color that represents a storm in their color scheme.

Mind you, I don't mind the lighter blue or red-orange being in the color scheme: The blue is supposed to be similar to the blue on the Oklahoma state flag while the red-orange is an happy medium of sorts for the U of Oklahoma's crimson and OSU's orange. However, I have no idea where the navy blue and yellow-gold come from.

--Buffalo Bills: Ditch the current look and the double blue. I think (almost) everyone can answer this question with a resounding "NO!!!": Can you imagine Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, and Bruce Smith playing in the Bills' current CFL-esque hot mess?

--St. Louis Rams: Ditch metallic gold and return to yellow-gold. The Rams' current gold puts makes them look far too dull and drab. They can keep the current blue, but a yellow-gold would help them stand out far better than many teams in the NFL and help to tie in some of their history.

--Oakland Athletics: Ditch the black alternates, adopt all-yellow-gold alternates. I hate BFBS, and I think I'm going to get my wish next year, as the A's are finally learning that black is not a team color while hearing that gold alternates are in order for 2011 (if I remember right). Being decked out in yellow-gold is one of the quickest ways to be identified in sports while being somewhat reminiscient of the Swingin' A's days.

--Entire NHL: Let the Reebok RBK Edge template be optional. I'll admit that there are some Edge designs that are good (LA's alternates are a good example on how to use piping, St. Louis' alternates), but trying to force this template on teams like the Montreal Canadians, Chicago Blackhawks, and New York Rangers has been a terrible idea. Returning to the CCM design for most teams would be a huge step in the right direction.

--Colorado Avalanche: Ditch ridiculous Edge design, return to pre-Edge look. I don't know why the Avs pre-Edge look wouldn't work with the Edge template (the one with the angled hem stripes);why did they ever go to that piped, bland look they have now?

That's about all I can think of right now.

--Miami Heat: Wear their red road uniforms more often. In fact, make the red jerseys the primary once more. The Heat always wearing their black road uniforms reminds me of when the Utah Jazz debuted those late 90s/early 2000s black alternates; you rarely ever saw the purple mountain uniforms after that.

--Charlotte Bobcats: Introduce an orange jersey, make it the primary. Wasn't the original idea for the Bobcats' supposed to be that they were a primarily orange team? I like the muted blue they have now, but quite literally, half the entire league is blue. Of course, there is a small chance that this becomes a moot point if the Hornets move to Seattle, inherit the SuperSonics name, and let the Hornets name return to Charlotte (if Bobcats ownership allows that), but this thread isn't supposed to be about name swapping.

I have a feeling that Miami will wear their red alternates more often throughout the remainder of the season. I feel like the only team I saw wear an alternate for like the first 6 weeks of the season was the Lakers in their whites. I think teams were holding back on wearing their alternates to make sure that the players liked the new uniform style/material first. Of course that's a guess, but I can't think of any other reason why teams took so long to wear their alternates this season. So anyway, I think you will get your "wish" on that.

I definitely agree that Charlotte should get an orange jersey, but I don't think it should be their primary. Orange is a very garish color for a basketball uniform, and I think that's why there's only one team left in the NBA that has one (and even for them, it's an alternate). I think it would look great as an alternate, with their pinstripes and everything. But it's just too bright and flashy to be worn for the majority of road games IMO.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Cardinal helmets for Arizona.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Let's see...

I definitely want Oregon to ditch the carbon, the black, the strange highliter yellow, the red, the blue, the cerulean blue....you get it. Just stick with green, yellow, and white. And if they have to use black, keep it minimal as a trim of some sort. And extra stocking stuffer for me would be to see a return to the old "UO", but that'll never happen.

I'm actually a pretty big fan of pro-combats (well executed ones that is, not random crap like Virginia Tech or Boise State), and would like to see some new teams try it out.

I'd like the Diamondbacks to make a change. For some reason, I've always thought black and vegas gold would be a good color set for them, with maybe a hint of teal or sky blue. I just don't like the brick and sand, especially where everytime they play the Astros, I have to keep looking at the scoreboard to see which team is which.

Speaking of the Astros, navy and orange needs to make a return. They can keep the star and script, just change the colors and they've got it.

Here's a new one: I'd like for teams to wear personalized Rose Bowl helmet decals and jersey patches again. See Washington State's helmet in the 1998 and 2003 games, and Purdue's helmet in 2001, and for the patches, see Purdue's in 2001, Michigan in multiple games, and USC's

in 1996, that sort of thing. I'd love to see a return to that.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Phoenix Coyotes - change colors to blue-white-red and modify logo to include a silhouette of a plane (possibly a jet) and include the word "Winnipeg" somewhere in it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

One wish: sepia and saffron. For some team out there. Just one...Broncos, Padres...one of them. Please. Seriously...sepia and saffron. Sombody. Anybody.

--Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Use more orange on their uniforms. Red can remain the main color, but a red/orange team is seriously lacking in sports these days, and the Bucs can pull it off. I'd like to see the pewter become more gray.

Help me with this one here.

It's already tricky as is, incorporating the old orange into the new red, pewter, and black. The problem is the orange they currently use is more orange-red than the old creamsicle. All that said, I've long been of the belief that my Bucs would actually be better off stripping all the orange out of the current set. Speaking of, as for the "more gray", I'm going to presume you meant "less greenish-brownish"? If so, then yeah I agree with that somewhat. (Of course, the lighting can also affect all that as well.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It's already tricky as is, incorporating the old orange into the new red, pewter, and black. The problem is the orange they currently use is more orange-red than the old creamsicle. All that said, I've long been of the belief that my Bucs would actually be better off stripping all the orange out of the current set. Speaking of, as for the "more gray", I'm going to presume you meant "less greenish-brownish"? If so, then yeah I agree with that somewhat. (Of course, the lighting can also affect all that as well.)

The Bucs' Pewter is a whole subject by itself...I'm going to post a blog about it in the near future. It used to be a Pantone Metallic color, now it's a custom Reebok color. And I think I know why.

The Bucs' Pewter is a whole subject by itself...I'm going to post a blog about it in the near future. It used to be a Pantone Metallic color, now it's a custom Reebok color. And I think I know why.

I'm going to definitely keep an eye out for that one. Will your "why" be answered in the blog...or can we get it out of you now? ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm going to definitely keep an eye out for that one. Will your "why" be answered in the blog...or can we get it out of you now? ^_^

The short answer is that Pantone changed the Lab/RGB specifications for that particular metallic, and it no longer looks on-screen what the Bucs/Reebok wanted it to look like.

So they came up with a custom color that works better for them.

I'd like the Diamondbacks to make a change. For some reason, I've always thought black and vegas gold would be a good color set for them, with maybe a hint of teal or sky blue.

Black, vegas gold, teal...I'm thinking maybe add some purple in there?? :grin:

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Cardinal helmets for Arizona.

With Black facemasks. Want.

Not that Arizona. Look at my sig.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Nike Pro Combat for select teams in the NFL. Chicago doesn't need it, neither does Cleveland, Indy, or the Jets. Panthers? Sure. Texans? Awesome. Teams that have already moved away from traditional designs (Cardinals, Vikings, Falcons) should experiment a little, why not? But please don't force it on every team.

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

I'd like to see the entire NFL adopt the Pro Combat template, but they don't have to have Pro Combat designs.

Archived