Hs Schools Merge, Need New Logo

omnivore

Two local school districts here in the hinterland (ok, Western Illinois) just merged a few weeks ago after a vote. My company is going to offer to their new web site for free, since they're a school. Part of the reason is two-fold. One because it'll help us establish business here locally because we're new and just starting out.

The new district begins next year and named themselves the Red Storm. (They're thinking more weather related..)

Anyway, you know where this is headed.

They're going to need a new logo and the like. They had this whole press release, but I can't seem to track it down.

The school's new name is Monmouth United Red Storm. I think the theme that would sell would be something colliding into a storm, but nothing too intricate or complicated, since its just a school logo.

I was figuring that along with offering the site, we could let them know of people who could show them several designs for their new logo. I think if the design was something worth looking at - and being here as long as I have, I know it would - that we could get them to buy into it.

I wouldn't want anything out of it, I just know there are lots of talented folks here and wanted to let someone in on a potentially great opportunity. Just an FYI. The turnaround time is pretty quick, because the school year is almost over. Email me at theczar@ishouldstudymore.net, if you have questions or want to know more.

Thanks,

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Alexis HS was the Cardinals.

Warren HS were the Warriors.

I think they chose the Red & White because both schools had Red and I think those were the colors of Alexis or something.

They chose "Red Storm" because it was a "coming together" or "collision" and the press release they wrote talked a lot about weather. So, that's the direction they're going with, I think.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

While I like hearing that viewers of the site enjoy the work we do, one becomes a litlle over-aware when a request like this comes in.

I'm sure this is meant in good faith, as a true compliment. I will, however, tell you that very few of the better designers will touch this one. Too easy to do some work, and then have it disappear.

Perhaps a better way to go about this sort of thing in the futrue would be to approach the principal, or administrators, and ask if they would be willing to entertain some logo concepts. Then, get an email address to send them to. Then, individual designer son the board could make and craft designs, then submit them form their OWN email, to the administration.

Just a suggestion.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

While I like hearing that viewers of the site enjoy the work we do, one becomes a litlle over-aware when a request like this comes in.

I'm sure this is meant in good faith, as a true compliment. I will, however, tell you that very few of the better designers will touch this one. Too easy to do some work, and then have it disappear.

Perhaps a better way to go about this sort of thing in the futrue would be to approach the principal, or administrators, and ask if they would be willing to entertain some logo concepts. Then, get an email address to send them to. Then, individual designer son the board could make and craft designs, then submit them form their OWN email, to the administration.

Just a suggestion.

I just read this and then I read one of the other posts above about that guy from Michigan that came in here. I remember that one, because a lot of great designs came out of this one.

I've been on these boards since the old ones, but if anyone has seen my designs, you'll know that I'm much better at wordmarks and making very simple designs. I don't do art, I don't draw. If I did, I'd be on this one.

If someone sends me an email (like I posted above), I can provide you with the email address to the people on the local school board (the district just launched...so they're still meeting to establish things).

The only reason I posted as something of a middle-man, was because I figured that they would be more likely to do it, if the logo design came from a local person rather than coming from some random outsider. But that was just what I thought.

Though your advice is well taken, I'm all for full disclosure. If someone is interested and wants more information, I can get you whatever you want. Heck, it might even be better if several of the people here that had companies made competing designs and they were presented to let the board choose from our designs - rather than going to another place.

Just my .10

~Ron

Here is the district's temporary web site.

Beware, it's pretty bad. (No, we didn't make that. It's theirs.)

http://schoolconsolidation.info/

They have the dates for the last two school board meetings of the year, so I'd encourage whoever emails them (and the principal of the consolidated HS was JUST picked like a week ago...the Superitendent, same deal. So...those folks aren't concerned with logos. That's what the board decides, since they picked the colors and stuff. It's a small place, that's how things work out here)

http://warriors.warren.k12.il.us/ - that's one of the HS

http://warren.k12.il.us/cardinals/ - here is the second HS

Simular story in Philadelphia. Two parochial high schools - all-female St. Maria Goretti and all-male St. John Neumann - will merge come September to be housed at Goretti's building. Probable name will be the Fighting Saints, and black and metallic gold will be the likely colors. Anyone want to come up with a logo for that?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Probable name will be the Fighting Saints, and black and metallic gold will be the likely colors

Two catholic schools did that here in Kansas City about 15 years ago - and traditionally Fighting Saints & the use of "gold" are similarities in many of these consolidations. My hometown catholic elementary schools all combined, change their colors from purple & white to 'navy & gold', kept the Raven logo.

raven1_aces.gif

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived