Boston College Hockey

AsM29

It's been years since I have posted anything in the concepts forum, but I'd like to get some opinions on this. Now, I am actually a fan of their current jerseys, but I just wanted to take an opportunity to try and update them. One of the only problems I see with the current uniforms is the script on the front. They use Compacta for the font, but the schools custom font for the numbers. I fixed this by making the front script in the schools font, and adding some more modern stripes. Please leave any comments.

BC_Concept_Home.png

BC_Concept_Away.png

I'm actually not a fan of the current jerseys. While these are better, I think a bigger change is necessary. My favorite part of these are the stripes, very cool. However, the current jerseys do a much better job making "Boston" and "College" the same height, and I think this looks totally uneven. In addition, I think removing all black would be a great idea -- football and basketball have moved in that direction, and IMO it is the correct one. Personally, I thought BC's Frozen Fenway jerseys were great, and while they may not be as classy with the huge logo as the traditional text, it's something I thought was a welcome alteration. Even if you don't go that far, I think you could deviate a little more than this.

I'm actually not a fan of the current jerseys. While these are better, I think a bigger change is necessary. My favorite part of these are the stripes, very cool. However, the current jerseys do a much better job making "Boston" and "College" the same height, and I think this looks totally uneven. In addition, I think removing all black would be a great idea -- football and basketball have moved in that direction, and IMO it is the correct one. Personally, I thought BC's Frozen Fenway jerseys were great, and while they may not be as classy with the huge logo as the traditional text, it's something I thought was a welcome alteration. Even if you don't go that far, I think you could deviate a little more than this.

I'm glad you chimed in. I know your a BC fan, so it's good to hear some feedback from you. I actually stretched the Boston part of the script a bit, but I can make them both the same. My intention was to actually remove all black, but I ran into a road block. There isn't really any good way to eliminate the black from the shoulder logos without making it look awkward. I also didn't want to leave the logos being the only part of the jersey with black.

Just out of curiosity, what part of the current jerseys do you not like?

Is it me, or are there letters in the away sweater?

It's AsM's watermark.

No it isn't. AsM is utilizing the new jersey technology to create a sublimated look. The jersey would be even better if NOBs were the actual players' autographs.

I'm glad you chimed in. I know your a BC fan, so it's good to hear some feedback from you. I actually stretched the Boston part of the script a bit, but I can make them both the same. My intention was to actually remove all black, but I ran into a road block. There isn't really any good way to eliminate the black from the shoulder logos without making it look awkward. I also didn't want to leave the logos being the only part of the jersey with black.

Just out of curiosity, what part of the current jerseys do you not like?

Haha yes, a big BC fan I am (and possible future student). My least favorite part about the jerseys is actually the part that you changed, the Compacta script. To me, it is the core of the problem of the jerseys, which as a whole just don't say "Boston College." I have tried many times before to remove black from that logo, and you're right. If you make the letters in the logo gold, it's conceivably possible, but that isn't the objective here. However, I don't think it would be terrible if that was the only part of the jersey with black in it. That's the case with basketball, and in football there is just a tiny black stripe on the pants other than the black in the sleeve logo. Red/white/gold looks great by itself. I think if you made the two heights the same on the front, and even made the "B" and "C" little bigger than the rest as to capitalize them, it would look better. This is definitely an improvement as is, but even removing black would make it so much better I think.

Archived