NY Jets Concept

illwauk

This is really just a quick mock job, but not much is really needed to improve the Jets look. The biggest change is the logo which, while fine for the era it was created in, looks bland and cluttered nowadays. The best part of the "hybrid" logo is that you could look at any era of Jets football next to these uniforms and the differences wouldn't be particularly jarring (something that tends to happen to me when I watch 80s footage after stuff from the 60s/70s or today).

I also brought back what we logo-heads know as kelly green, but would be marketed as "Broadway Green" for reasons that should be fairly obvious. In a league with only 3 teams that use green, there's no reason why they each can't have their own shade.

jets.png

I usually dont pay too much attention to football jerseys, but I think the Jets have some of the best in the biz, so I like how you didnt change much. I like their current socks with 2 horizontal stripes as opposed to the solid green you have here, just because their whole jersey and helmet is consistent with 2 stripes throughout.

The thing I like about your set here is the helmet logo. I love that JETS font with the streaking jet above and you placed it inside the oval which looks great. If you combine the 90s Jets with the current/old Namath Jets, this is what you'd get, so I like it.

I'm usually not a huge fan of mixing eras (especially Jets eras) but this one looks really nice. Never thought of the 80's Jets in the modern/original oval. Overall looks nice.

Maybe making the stripe wrap around the sleeve, not just stop short like Reebok made it? Just a thought.

TDZiMMB.png

Nice blending of two logos.

Usually, I think that teams with old-school uniforms like The Jets, Browns, Packers, Bears, etc should wear Black Shoes. The Jets are the exception because of Joe Namath introducing White Shoes to Football.

George Ashburn - My Website

yuku-sp-me-roll.gifyuku-jd-shake.gif

Archived