Us Soccer

random

while watching the US-Mexico game on TV (USA won :flagusa:) last nite i noticed they both had new nike-designed kits. i have to say i think these new ones are terrible compared to nike's old design which i thought were magnificent. has anyone else seen the new nike design? and if so, what do you think?

Azzuri.gif

I believe these were posted a few months back, and they are Nike's template for a TON of teams this year.

Just to make sure, did they look like the back of a bowling shoe? If so, yes, some of us saw them on here.

I have really loved the USA Soccer jerseys. I own 94, 98, and 2002 versions. I'd pay good money if someone could find me the 90 in a XXL. (seriously. Anyone have a lead?)

But these new ones? The Nike curse of making 7-12 different countries look like they are playing in a rec league, all with different colors of the same uni? uhmm.. not so much. Nike is evil. I wish Adidas was owned by americans, so Team USA could wear their gear.

-sigh-

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

A "rec league"?

How dare you say that! Nike's synergized offerings of out-of-the-box thought in the continuization of thier unitized offering of multi-national Dri-Fit uniforms is revolutionary, phenomanal, and utterly worthy of kudos. :D

I love corporate babble. And, yes, they look like crap.

saw it at fanhome, a little bit after Brazil unveiled their version...the best new international kit coming out this year is England's red...adidas rolled out some new kits that are meh at best (although kudos for bringing stripes back to my Crew..hell, i'm glad to see that all yellow monstrosity go)...and Nike's cookie cutter actually makes me glad Arsenal has that O2 ad where the cueball number would be. Never thought i'd actually find a reason to thank the first moron who used uni ads, whoever he is, cus the Arse is switching to that style next season. Nike's new template...it's on par with the Warriors uniform. that bad.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I was actually at the US - Mexico game Wednesday night at the Cotton Bowl (there were about 12 of us sitting together pulling for the U.S., out of 45,000, but I digress...). I had already seen the Nike templates for the national teams and knew what to expect. Some of the guys sitting around me started making comments when they noticed the similarities in the uniforms, and the "rec league" joke was off and running. Seeing them live just reiterated that I think they look like crap. I certainly hope we don't see 10 countries wearing these things in 2006.

Archived