My personal baseball league concept

oaklandhusker

This is going to be my very first concept, so I need all the help I can get.

I'm starting a concept thread of my own hypothetical baseball league, along the lines of CJworks' stuff.

I'm going to be working with paint, & I'll probably end up using templates from Paint Users Paradise 2.0.

As of now, I still don't have a name for the league or cities for the teams to be based in. I hope to have 30 teams,

to maximize the practice I get out of it. Please help me out with suggestions and constructive criticism.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For help with cities, just google image search, "US Map with Major cities" and pick half from the west, and half from the east. (If your during West and East conferences)

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

I wasn't sure how I was going to break it up. There will definitely be a team in Oakland, & probably a team in San Fransisco (just so that I can intentionally make them look bad). Reno sounds good...

Also, if you give me a city, & you have an idea for a team name for that city, I'd like to get those, too... B)

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

I've got some.

West:

Portland

San Jose

Las Vegas

Santa Fe

San Antonio

Oklahome City

Nashville?(east or west,idk)

Salt Lake City

Helena

Omaha

Honolulu

Boise

This looks great, although I'm not sure about San Jose, because there will be a team in Oakland...

I figure youre looking for cities that have a relatively big population, so I wouldnt do Santa Fe or Helena. Theyre combined population probably barely reaches 100,000, not sure exactly, but it can't be much.

Consider Wichita, Tulsa, Albuquerque, Tucson, Colorado Springs, El Paso, or others. and in the east, even Savannah isnt that big. A little better than Helena but it's only 130,000some.

Of course this all depends on if youre basing this on population or something else.

I'm starting a concept thread of my own hypothetical baseball league, along the lines of CJworks' stuff.

I'm going to be working with paint, & I'll probably end up using templates from Paint Users Paradise 2.0.

As of now, I still don't have a name for the league or cities for the teams to be based in. I hope to have 30 teams,

to maximize the practice I get out of it. Please help me out with suggestions and constructive criticism.

Sure, I'll try to help you out, because I'm doing a project for football and also use Paint for most of my concepts. Although my project is on hold for personal reasons, hopefully you can get something out of my post. My best suggestion for doing a fictional league is to figure out which team yours' will be. I would imagine something in Oakland or San Francisco as you've stated, and of course to give your favorite team in your fictional league a rival, is also necessary. So it's best to start there. Below I'll put some possible league names and cities, and from there you can fill in the blanks with what the final cities and team nicknames will be, so you can use it for an outline if you want to...

League Names:

American Baseball League/Association

National Baseball League/Association

Continental Baseball League/Association

Professional Baseball League/Association

United Baseball League/Association

World Baseball League/Association

Western Cities:

1. Anchorage, Alaska

2. Honolulu, Hawai'i

3. Los Angeles, California

4. Oakland, California

5. San Diego, California

6. San Francisco, California

7. Portland, Oregon

8. Seattle, Washington

9. Phoenix, Arizona

10. Las Vegas, Nevada

11. Boise, Idaho

12. Salt Lake City, Utah

13. Albuquerque, New Mexico

14. Denver, Colorado

15. Dallas, Texas

16. Houston, Texas

17. San Antonio, Texas

18. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

19. Wichita, Kansas

20. Omaha, Nebraska

21. New Orleans, Louisiana

22. Kansas City, Missouri

23. St. Louis, Missouri

24. Minneapolis, Minnesota

Eastern Cities:

1. Memphis, Tennessee

2. Nashville, Tennessee

3. Louisville, Kentucky

4. Chicago. Illinois

5. Milwaukee, Wisconsin

6. Indianapolis, Indiana

7. Detroit, Michigan

8. Cincinnati, Ohio

9. Cleveland, Ohio

10. Columbus, Ohio

11. Jacksonville, Florida

12. Miami, Florida

13. Orlando, Florida

14. Tampa, Florida

15. Atlanta, Georgia

16. Charlotte, North Carolina

17. Norfolk, Virginia

18. Baltimore, Maryland

19. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

20. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

21. Buffalo, New York

22. New York City, New York

23. Boston, Massachusetts

24. Washington, D.C.

I just used the Mississippi River to split the United States in half for this example. So however you want to separate the divisions/conferences is up to you.

Reno Spike. Spike as in railroad spike.

By the way i was bored so i made MS Paint logo for the spike.

Can you share this logo with us?

& The break-up will probably be along the lines of the MLB today, with two leagues that overlap geographically...

How? cool.gif

How would you share the logo? Post it to the thread...

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Sure, I'll try to help you out, ...

Thank you so much for your input, which I have shortened for quoting purposes. People seem to be really supportive, so I might even have my first concept ready by mid-February.

One question: HOW DO YOU CREATE REALLY GOOD LOGOS IN PAINT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'd also like to encourage everyone to check out and join my contest. It's name begins with "New Contest"...

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Archived