Ny Giants 2008 Media Day jerseys

02Rover

Remember the Giants didnt wear thier authentic jerseys at Media Day a few years back? They wore what you buy in a store when you buy an "authentic" jersey, with the longer sleeves.

Why did they do this? I havent noticed any other teams do this before or since. I dont think the Pats did it that year, either.

Any one have any info on this?

Remember the Giants didnt wear thier authentic jerseys at Media Day a few years back? They wore what you buy in a store when you buy an "authentic" jersey, with the longer sleeves.

Why did they do this? I havent noticed any other teams do this before or since. I dont think the Pats did it that year, either.

They did it because their game jerseys were cut extremely tight, especially around the sleeves. A couple of players were already wearing experimental versions of the super-stretchy jerseys that the whole team wears now. The decision was made to wear retail-style jerseys for comfort. I believe they were auctioned off later.

They did it because their game jerseys were cut extremely tight, especially around the sleeves. A couple of players were already wearing experimental versions of the super-stretchy jerseys that the whole team wears now. The decision was made to wear retail-style jerseys for comfort. I believe they were auctioned off later.

That makes sense. Thanks.

I know that a lot of the Kansas City Chiefs have "authentic" jerseys with full sleeves that they wear around town to schools and appearances and things like that. They obviously aren't the same ones they wear in the games. Maybe all the players are issued jerseys to wear when they aren't on the field. I can think of any other sports that do this.

Archived