Cleveland Browns Nike Combat Uni Concept

jamdawg1

Eliminate the brown pants, and that set would be perfect. I would love to see the Brownie Elf get more play on the jersey, and besides the Kardiac Kid uniforms of the late 1970's and early 1980's were a thing of beauty. Eric Mangini should've went with that, instead of using the brown pants a couple years ago.

Eliminate the brown pants, and that set would be perfect. I would love to see the Brownie Elf get more play on the jersey, and besides the Kardiac Kid uniforms of the late 1970's and early 1980's were a thing of beauty. Eric Mangini should've went with that, instead of using the brown pants a couple years ago.

I'm not that crazy about the Brown Pants either. I did think "If they're going to have them, they should at least have stripes on them." But I think it's unavoidable. (Then again, they didn't wear them last year.)

When I first became a Browns Fan, It was during The Kardiac Kids Era with the Orange Pants. I always thought they should alternate the Orange and White Pants.

I'm glad they are using the Elf more and more. It does appear on the Browns Sideline Capes and Equipment Trunks. I wish they would put the elf on the 50 yard line.

When it comes to Browns Unis, I am pretty much a traditionalist. This is about as radical as I get with them. At least you can still tell they're Browns Uniforms.

Put the stripes on the sleeves and you have a winner.

I was thinking about putting either the elf or the Browns Wordmark Logo on the sleeves of the undershirt.

Thanks.

George Ashburn - My Website

yuku-sp-me-roll.gifyuku-jd-shake.gif

Yeah, I hate how people say the Cleveland Browns uniforms suck. They don't suck, they're a thing of beauty, and they're about the only sports franchise that has made brown an acceptable color for a sports team to have. The Brownie Elf might work on the 50 yard-line, but I prefer the helmet over it slightly. Hopefully, the Browns can drop their orange alternate jersey and pull out the jersey they wore from the 1940's and 1950's that had shadowing on the number font, as those could really look good with the technology we have today.

Yeah, I hate how people say the Cleveland Browns uniforms suck. They don't suck, they're a thing of beauty, and they're about the only sports franchise that has made brown an acceptable color for a sports team to have. The Brownie Elf might work on the 50 yard-line, but I prefer the helmet over it slightly. Hopefully, the Browns can drop their orange alternate jersey and pull out the jersey they wore from the 1940's and 1950's that had shadowing on the number font, as those could really look good with the technology we have today.

The Browns haven't worn the Orange Alternate Jersey since 2005. (Thank God.) Most Browns Fans hated them.

The Alternate that the Browns have been wearing since 2006 are called the "1957" (When Jim Brown was drafted.). That uni is:

-The Helmet has only the White Stripe over the top, and Brown Player Numbers on the side.

-The Brown Jersey has only the player number on the front and back. No TV Numbers on the sleeve or shoulder yoke of jersey.

-The Pant Stripes are noticeably thinner

-The Brown Socks have the stripes.

Cleveland1.jpg

braylon.png

New+York+Giants+v+Cleveland+Browns+JWWO3i-68A9l.jpg

Too bad they never wore them while Mangini coached. They are sharp unis.

U820757ACME.jpg

I'm just curious how these uniforms would look as an alternate identity for the Browns today.

I made a set of Throwbacks based on that 1946 uniform with the two color shadow numbers. Plain White Helmet. The Numbers and thinner pant stripes.

Lose the elf for the =B= logo.

Uhh, No. Here is why:

1. The Elf is old school, back when the Browns actually won World Championships (or in the World Title Games.) left and right. Modell got rid of it in '65 and they haven't won since.

2. That =B= logo is a Carmen Policy creation. No Browns Fan wants any reminders of that idiot. It thankfully died out. I did come up with a "CB" logo. (Not anything like what Modell attempted in '65.)

Uhh, No. Here is why:

1. The Elf is old school, back when the Browns actually won World Championships (or in the World Title Games.) left and right. Modell got rid of it in '65 and they haven't won since.

AAFC championships really don't (and shouldn't) count, seeing as the league was made up of the Browns and a bunch of teams made up of scrubs.

2. That =B= logo is a Carmen Policy creation. No Browns Fan wants any reminders of that idiot. It thankfully died out. I did come up with a "CB" logo. (Not anything like what Modell attempted in '65.)

I prefer the =B= logo because it's simple. Despite being a modern design it has the same clean look that a lot of the older classic marks have. I think it would fit especially well here. The space for the logo on the pants on a Pro Combat template is pretty small. I don't think an overly detailed mark like the elf would look good at such a small size.

I wasn't counting AAFC Titles.

The Browns won the NFL Title in their first season in the league in 1950. The also made it to The NFL Title Game in 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955 and 1957 during their first ten years in the NFL. They won the Titles in '54 and '55 as well during this run. Imagine a team making it to seven super bowls in eight seasons. That's what this was.

Remember, The Super Bowl started out as a game between the champions of the NFL and the AFL. When the two leagues merged, the NFL changed the name of the NFL Title Game to The Super Bowl and hijacked the trophy as well.

Uhh, No. Here is why:

AAFC championships really don't (and shouldn't) count, seeing as the league was made up of the Browns and a bunch of teams made up of scrubs.

I prefer the =B= logo because it's simple. Despite being a modern design it has the same clean look that a lot of the older classic marks have. I think it would fit especially well here. The space for the logo on the pants on a Pro Combat template is pretty small. I don't think an overly detailed mark like the elf would look good at such a small size.

Well, to be fair, I've never understood why they count the championships from 1946-1949, and yet don't recognize their 1948 perfect season as the first one, and the 1972 Miami Dolphins as the second time it happened, but that is a discussion for another day. By the way, I personally believe the Browns would've destroyed the NFL Champions before joining the league in 1950, because the only team that had their number was the Lions.

Anywho, I've tried to imagine the Brown Football logo on these concepts, I'd still prefer the Brownie Elf, not because of tradition so much, but because the elf looks better on it than the football would. Plus, the Brown Football logo seems like one of those forced throwback logos (see Tampa Bay Lightning - Hockey Club). Personally, I'd like to see you either post or perhaps add an alternate/special occasion version of the 1946 jerseys, because I'm interested to see how you would Pro Combat-ize it.

The =B= "logo" needs to die. Its awful. As for the elf... its awesome, but it won't work well on a uniform. It is an irregular shape and is far too detailed to work. The bull dog logo could work on the pants... but I would rather them not have it. As for the pants, they won't wrap the stripes around the back. There are just certain uniforms that don't get messed with that much... and the Browns are one of them.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Uhh, No. Here is why:

Well, to be fair, I've never understood why they count the championships from 1946-1949, and yet don't recognize their 1948 perfect season as the first one, and the 1972 Miami Dolphins as the second time it happened, but that is a discussion for another day. By the way, I personally believe the Browns would've destroyed the NFL Champions before joining the league in 1950, because the only team that had their number was the Lions.

Anywho, I've tried to imagine the Brown Football logo on these concepts, I'd still prefer the Brownie Elf, not because of tradition so much, but because the elf looks better on it than the football would. Plus, the Brown Football logo seems like one of those forced throwback logos (see Tampa Bay Lightning - Hockey Club). Personally, I'd like to see you either post or perhaps add an alternate/special occasion version of the 1946 jerseys, because I'm interested to see how you would Pro Combat-ize it.

When it comes to treating its past, The NFL is by far the worst. I was actually surprised to see more than a few media types acknowledge ALL of The Packers NFL Titles and not just the Super Bowl ones.

I think the reason the old AFL gets more recognition than the AAFC is because all of the original AFL Teams still exist while only the Browns and 49ers remain from the AAFC.

The only major sports writer I've seen talk about The Browns AAFC Years is SI's Peter King when in a book about Pro Football that he wrote for SI, He called the Browns Run from 1946 to 1955 as one of Sports' Great Dynasties.

As for the "1946" Throwback, I'll make one later today/tonight.

The =B= "logo" needs to die. Its awful. As for the elf... its awesome, but it won't work well on a uniform. It is an irregular shape and is far too detailed to work. The bull dog logo could work on the pants... but I would rather them not have it. As for the pants, they won't wrap the stripes around the back. There are just certain uniforms that don't get messed with that much... and the Browns are one of them.

This was just speculation since Nike is taking over for Reebok. This is by far the most radical ones I've come up with. Usually when I do a re-design, it's more of a minor tweak on the classic Browns Uni. You can use the Pro Combat Pattern and still make them look traditional. It's possible.

Mangini is the HC he would not make uni decisions...

Mangini is the HC he would not make uni decisions...

Mangini's first year, he was the de-facto GM. They wore the Brown Pants with the White Jerseys.

Last Year, Holmgren takes over, they didn't.

Very nice, I could see them definitely rocking that for a game against the Steelers, especially when Pittsburgh decides to play Cleveland in their yellow helmets from time to time.

Thanks.

I wish the Browns would use that as a Throwback.

Archived