Golden State Warriors, umm.... alterations?

McCall

I think the Warriors have the potential to have one of the best uniform sets in the NBA, except the front and back (copperplate numbers) really don't work. Although, they could still have some pretty sweet all around uniforms even by just using what they do have. So I did some tweaking based off what they currently have at their disposal and this is what I came up with. I simplified the fronts a bit, basing them of what they've used before, namely the gold HWC's they've been wearing, meaning no solid colors in within the circle. I left only "Warriors" on the homes, "Golden State" on the aways and put both on the gold alternates. As mentioned, I left the Copperplate simply to show what they still could've done even with using a way too overused font. Also, on the fronts, I unsquished the front numbers, shrinking the bridge down and having in go across the bottom of the circle underneath the numbers. I included an altered primary, just kinda cleaned up. I didn't mess with any secondaries, thus the reason they're not above the player name or on the waistband. Here they are:

GSWarriors_Uniforms.gif

I like this, especially because I don't think what they have now is bad - better than its reputation.

This is a great example of fine adjustments at work. The Warriors' set didn't need coarse adjustments IMO.

Have you tried some version of "the CITY" on the alternate using Copperplate?

I really like everything you did here to touch up their whole set. I can understand to love for "The City" moniker, but the "Golden State Warriors" version of the logo works just fine with the yellow alternate.

This is one jersey, Cooperplate and all that I've gotten used to this year. But like you have done with your concept, I just wish they did something about the uneven circles and off-center wordmark. Mostly the circles though.

Perfect touchups! What you've done is all they need to become one of the best sets in the NBA. That's exactly what they should look like. Great job!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived