Kontinental Hockey League redesign

Edubdesign

I've seen countless amounts of league-wide design concepts for the NHL, but very few for other leagues. Nothing against the NHL redesigns - I'm currently working on one myself - but I wanted to see some variety.

So, my latest rebrand is of a league that I've never seen any designs for - the Russian alternative to the NHL, the Kontinental Hockey League.

There are some difficulties here: historical photos and logos, which I rely on heavily for inspiration, of most teams are either almost impossible to find or completely unavailable.

So, as a result, the jerseys, and quite a few of the logos, are original designs. Some may need to be defended, but I stand by all of them.

As always, the designs are made exclusively with MS Paint. All teams have alternate jerseys, although that is a rare custom - as far as I can see - in Russian hockey. All lettering - with the intentional exception of four jerseys - feature Cyrillic lettering when used in logos, but all jerseys have the NOBs in our English alphabet.

So, without any further ado, here's the first chapter:

#1 AMUR KHABAROVSK

The team is based in Khabarovsk, Alexander Mogilny's hometown. It's named after the Amur river, which flows through the town. It's almost like calling a team Hudson New York, but Russian teams do things their own unique way.

And this jersey set shows it.

Unorthodox striping is a team tradition, and I tried to continue it here. Trust me, this is as garish as it will get.

Their current jerseys are navy with white stripes shooting diagonally up one side of the jersey. The logo is the logo of the team's owners, the provincial government.

The design I've made was influenced by 80's soccer jerseys. The color yellow was used about a decade ago by the team, pre-government ownership, so there is a historical precedent.

The shoulder logo is the logo that was used once by team, pre-government ownership, only recolored to fit the new color scheme.

The road jerseys are much more understated, using less radical striping, but identical fonts, and logos.

The alternate is simply a blue version of the road jerseys.

The logos are not original designs: all of them were already used by the team.

The NOBs are for David Ling, Alexei Kopeykin, and Stephen Dixon.

Home:khlamur.png

Away:khlamuraway.png

Third:khlamurthird.png

C&C welcome; I'll make updates if I need to.

I think most of us don't know KHL uniforms, so it's hard to comment on what you've done. It's good, but I think showing pictures of what the real uniforms look like would help to see what you've done.

There are a few bits of KHL stuff on this site, but most teams don't have most of their details up yet.

I could only find pictures of their jerseys before this year, but the ones they have now are pretty much exactly the same with more piping.

img_464.jpg

ATLANT MOSCOW

Based in Mytishchi, a small city very close to Moscow, this team has a lot of history. This franchise used to be known as Khimik ("Chemists"), and played in a town called Voskresensk. They were one of the most successful teams in Soviet history. The franchise moved to Mytishchi in 2006, and was renamed Atlant a few months afterwards. A team set up in Voskresensk after Khimik skipped town played in the KHL for one year, but retreated to the minors after financial disaster and brutal on-ice play.

Their current jerseys are navy with yellow trim, and a wordmark as the crest. They have debuted a new logo before this season, which is shown on the shoulders.

The colors chosen for this team are the same as Khimik's colors of blue, red, and yellow.

The team's logos from the last few seasons are used on the home and road.

An edited version of their new logo shows up on the shoulders of both the home and road.

The third is a fauxback of a vintage Khimik jersey, with an original wordmark logo. The lettering is "ATLANT" in Cyrillic.

The team's actual new logo is shown on the pants of the third.

The NOBs are for Sergei Mozyakin, Jan Bulis, and Kyle Wellwood, who played for the team earlier this year.

HOME: khlatlant.png

AWAY: khlatlantaway.png

THIRD: khlatlantthird.png

Archived