Any Interest in Designing a MiLB All-Star Logo

iowahoo

I work for an affiliated minor league baseball team that will be hosting our league All-Star game in 2012. We are in need of a logo for said event. As a longtime reader and member of this board I know the talent that exists and the excitement opportunities like this bring.

Would this be something folks on here would be interested in submitting ideas for?

My thought would be to have people submit some initial sketches or quick mock ups to us and have us then decide on a designer to work with on the logo, with tweaks and versions to be modified before a final set is decided on.

Is this something people would do for the experience? To add to their portfolio? We of course would provide some SWAG that includes the logo. Would a fee be required, if so what figure is realistic?

Before I get my GM's approval and proceed with putting the details out there I would want to see the response to this post and go from there.

Thanks for reading and replying.

fade.gif

An affiliated minor league baseball team does not get quality graphic design work in exchange for 'swag.' This is basically a job that Dan Simon, Joe Bosack or Todd Radom would charge $5000 for (I would guess), and there's definitely a small amount of talent on this board approaching that level.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The River Dogs are getting the SAL All-Star Game in 2012?

It should definitely be money.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

can't work for "portfolio" forever. If minor league wouldn't offer money, who would. Next year Texas Rangers will come asking for "portfolio" piece.

And you should either make it open to anyone and expect final designs, or choose a designer based on a portfolio. Asking for sketches is new to me, and don't know what sketch would be, a pencil drawing? What if someone sends you almost done work, that guy would have better chances then sketch guy, while sketch guy might have betters skills but didn't have a chance to show it...

http://www.no-spec.com/faq/

Aah, but for education.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Ominvore- thanks for that link and the message.

What I would suggest at this point is if anyone on this board is interested in possibly pursuing this project they should:

1. PM me and let me know

2. Then email me or send me pertinent work samples of previous completed work (either real logos or concepts or identities)

3. Our team would review works samples/portfolios

4. If we found a designer which we liked we would reach out to them to tell them of full details and elements required

5. Upon reaching an agreement on a $ figure the designer would then begin working on this specific design

fade.gif

Archived