New York Islanders concepts

habsfan1

I have done many times in the past concepts that involve taking unpopular elements, and do what I can to make them look good or at least bearable. There have been many BFBS Islander concepts posted here and now I'm taking a crack at it. First off, here's is my version of their current logo with some added hints of black...

IslandersLogo.png

Here is the alternate jersey that accompanies it...

IslandersJersey.png

Here's another concept that's on the subject of Islanders putting out bad jerseys. What if instead of adding BFBS, they decided to mimic the Rangers by releasing a navy and vintage white jersey? If they did, this is what it would look like...

IslandersJersey2.png

The black on the puck in the logo looks odd, a bit unnecessary. Get rid of it and the logo looks fine.

On the jersey, maybe make the wave at the buttom look more wave like, right now all I see is the Nike symbol. Other than that and the obvious BFBS aside, its a good look.

Riatt.png

my favorite part is the sleeve striping on the navy/cream/orange sweater. it never occurred to me to make the sleeve stripes match the waist stripes by giving THEM "ducktails." that's brilliant.

my favorite part is the sleeve striping on the navy/cream/orange sweater. it never occurred to me to make the sleeve stripes match the waist stripes by giving THEM "ducktails." that's brilliant.

I didn't think of that. Now that I do, I've decided to make the arm stripes normal so that the matching ducktails are no more.

Meet the Met-- Islanders... bleh. No addition of black please, I overall don't like the first jersey. I do like the 'vintage' jersey. What I'd like to see is a more water like wave design if anything instead of that odd stripe thing. Also arm stripes instead.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Archived