Reebok Edge Authentic Question

Morgan33

Was wondering if anybody on these boards had bought an Authentic Edge Jersey recently? Specifically a design introduced for this season? Do the new Authentics use the material the pro's use now (air knit) or do they still use the moisture wicking fabric that was ditched at the start of the 2007-08 season? I really hope its the latter.

Here is a list of the designs released for this season

Anaheim Ducks (Third)

Buffalo Sabres (Road, Third)

Columbus Blue Jackets (Third)

Los Angeles Kings (Anniversary)

New York Islanders (Road)

New York Rangers (Third)

Philadelphia Flyers (Road)

Toronto Maple Leafs (Home, Road)

Vancouver Canucks (Anniversary)

Thanks in advance!

Correct, only the Reebok 1.0 is available for retail. I have heard rumors the 2.0 (what the players are currently wearing) will be available starting next season.

What? I've seen Airknit edge authentics for a while now. If the inside tag says Rbk, it's the moisture stuff. If the inside tag says Reebok, it's Airknit. I've seen them on the same rack next to each other at the Penguins team store, it's obvious when they are right next to each other.

1zgyd8w.jpg

What? I've seen Airknit edge authentics for a while now. If the inside tag says Rbk, it's the moisture stuff. If the inside tag says Reebok, it's Airknit. I've seen them on the same rack next to each other at the Penguins team store, it's obvious when they are right next to each other.

This sounds promising, thanks for the responses guys. I'm asking because I recently bought a Sabres Third (Ice Cap is going to have a field day with this :P) and it suddenly dawned on me that I might not be getting the jersey the players wear on the ice. If the 2010-11 jerseys aren't air knit, shame on Reebok. I could understand using the outdated material on Authentic's released in 2007but four years later?? I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Also, the retail price is supposed to drop next year by $50 at most retailers due to the lack of sales. I wonder if this will be simultaneous with the availability of Reebok 2.0? While the Penguins team store may have some team issued authentics in there, rest assured that today you cannot get a 2.0 at retail other than from the team or a game used. Trust me I have tried through multiple league sources.

Yeah, every place I've been to that sells authentic NHL Edge jerseys (Pro Hockey Life, the official team stores of the Leafs, Senators and Canadians) all sell just Edge 1.0 with the moisture-wicking fabric.

However, the official team store of the Halifax Mooseheads QMJHL team sells authentic edge jerseys and they are all Edge 2.0 with the classic polyester air-mesh.

Knowing that they might actually be finally releasing the Edge 2.0 NHL jerseys for general retail would be awesome, cause I'd definitely buy them.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Yeah, every place I've been to that sells authentic NHL Edge jerseys (Pro Hockey Life, the official team stores of the Leafs, Senators and Canadians) all sell just Edge 1.0 with the moisture-wicking fabric.

However, the official team store of the Halifax Mooseheads QMJHL team sells authentic edge jerseys and they are all Edge 2.0 with the classic polyester air-mesh.

Knowing that they might actually be finally releasing the Edge 2.0 NHL jerseys for general retail would be awesome, cause I'd definitely buy them.

Afaik, all CHL teams use 2.0 and those that sell them at retail also only sell 2.0's. Makes sense as junior teams don't want to or have the money to spend on two different styles.

Archived