Yakball

raysox

Very interesting idea and a very sound idea.

Just a few things... what surface is this game played on? Grass or hard court? And I wonder how this game could be played if it was played at two ends rather than just the one? I guess it could be adapted. But I do really like this idea. I hope its a success for you.

Good luck

Cheers

I agree is their any reasoning for one end rather than two?

Well, it makes the sport unique doesn't it? Think of it like half court basketball. Plus we only have one wall, hahah. Also, we play on grass.

We are going to film a video sometime, so it'll be posted on here sometime.

Fair justification.

As you progress I suppose two walls will become available and you can play at two ends.

All sports develop and adapt as they go along so its fair to start with one wall/one end.

It kinda reminds me of a sport I tried to make up as a kid. Now that I'm working in schools I guess its a chance for me to revisit it and develop it. You gave me an idea, Raysox!

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Not sure, we'll see. The beauty of the game is the fast paced change from offense to defense, especially at center. I play there, so say I block a shot, pass it out, and 5 seconds later I have the ball with a chance to score.

I'm working on a website for the game, and I'll defiantly make a video soon for everyone.

The Eagles logo is the best out of the bunch IMO. A lot of naysayers but I think it looks pretty classy. Spongers is awesome as well. I'd say the two animal logos might need a lil bit of work, just minor tweaks.

Alright, so I updated the Falcons, Eagles, and Cougars.

The falcons, I tried to make it more sleek looking. I made the chin concave, and got rid of the top feather. For the Eagles, I wanted to change a few things. I think this one was TOO simple. I remembered how the jerseys would be soccer jerseys, so I thought that if I tried a more soccer-y logo, it might benefit. I had a circle around it, ans when I shrunk it down, I had a thought. My thought is what you see below. The Cougars, I thickened the outlines, and shrunk the chin.

OLD

Schools.png

NEW

Schools1.png

Oh, and people interested in the sport, I made a website for the game. http://yakball.webs.com/ Join it, we have a forum! haha. There is also some pictures of us playing, so check that out.

This looks really good. I've made up sports like this before, with official rules and stuff. We just don't have enough kids around here that would be interested in something like that. It's pretty neat that you actually have enough participants to make teams; if I lived in Florida, I'd join. :P

The logos are good for the most part. The Falcons look better, but the main thing that's bothering me with that is the red streak. It looks out of place. I'd say cut it off so it doesn't extend out of the logo, and it would look more like the red mark above it. That would also make the logo more in the shape of a D (maybe you were going for that?). Other than that, the Cougars and Eagles look much improved. The Spongers logo is probably my favorite though.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Bump for another concept

We apparently have interest at another school, so I just went ahead and made a logo just for fun. The school is the Cavalry Christian Warriors, and I shortened it to Calvary Warriors. I went with a crest logo for simplicity and class, since the school is like 2 years old, and private.

Schools2.png

In reality, only PHU is for sure, and Tarpon will have a team very soon if my friends come through.

Sorry if it seems that I'm hoding onto this too much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hate to add to the topping, but a few weeks ago I had an idea for a sport. I had no idea, rule and field-wise, how similar my idea was to yours. This is a really cool idea for a sport. I wish I was able to bring it up to NJ haha.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Archived