Could someone explain

WideRight

A lot of people seem to be using the same template for football uniforms and on that template they consistently draw pant stripes which end about 2/3 of the way up the leg.

Is this a new cut of pants that Nike is using or something else?

Why wouldn't you continue the pant stripe up the full length of the leg?

I get the feeling this is one of those "kewl" new things, like everyone having a black alternate uniform, or all the new teams in the 1990's having teal as a color. Is this just Nike being Nike (ie: ruining sports design, again.) or is it just something people here like based on only 1-2 teams Nike has messed with?

Someone please explain to me the "incomplete" pant stripe phenomenon and whether it is a real tendency or just something happening with concepts on this board.

Yes, it's a design feature of the Pro Combat template.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

There's no reason to believe that real NFL uniforms will employ this "feature" in '12. It's just people either having fun with the template, or mistakenly thinking that Nike is going to come in and impose their will on the league and make everyone use that template.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There's no reason to believe that real NFL uniforms will employ this "feature" in '12. It's just people either having fun with the template, or mistakenly thinking that Nike is going to come in and impose their will on the league and make everyone use that template.

If the news about the NFL limiting teams' uses of throwbacks is actually true, then you can bet that the league will keep Nike on an extremely tight leash.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If the news about the NFL limiting teams' uses of throwbacks is actually true, then you can bet that the league will keep Nike on an extremely tight leash.

Let's hope so. Hey, at least the pro combat pant stripes don't end in some awful, tapered-horn shape like the Panthers, Cardinals, Vikings, Broncos and Falcons, among others.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

also, Andrews template make it very easy to change the pants stripe by choosing a brush preset (or creating your own) and applying it to the stroke. id imagine because its so user friendly in that aspect, few people care to break out into other pant stripe designs.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived