canadiens hinting at a 3rd jersey

habsfan9

Its the original habsfan, back on the creamerboard!

I would love to see the canadiens with something relatively new on their backs because they`ve had the same uniform for about 100 years. Don`t get rid of what they have now, just make them an alternate.

I wish Montreal and Detroit would kinda do what NYR did... keep the old school and keep it primary, but inject a little life into their identity with a more progessive alternate. To me, that's a perfect model, because you increase merchandise revenue and add some excitement without pissing on your tradition. What's not to like?

I wish Montreal and Detroit would kinda do what NYR did... keep the old school and keep it primary, but inject a little life into their identity with a more progessive alternate. To me, that's a perfect model, because you increase merchandise revenue and add some excitement without pissing on your tradition. What's not to like?

That the argument I use to sell the idea of the Packers wearing a yellow jersey, but it's always to no avail.

It all goes back to the unwritten rule... if you have the most championships in a sport, you're not allowed to mess with your unis (unless it's a throwback).

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Its the original habsfan, back on the creamerboard!

I would love to see the canadiens with something relatively new on their backs because they`ve had the same uniform for about 100 years. Don`t get rid of what they have now, just make them an alternate.

Here, here!

I'm all for exploring possible new identities for teams, as Anaheim and Columbus succeeded in doing, and just about everyone else failed to do. I predict that in the next 3 years, Anaheim and Colorado will make their third jerseys into home/road sets.

The Original Six should look at possible new designs to keep with the times, while still keeping their classic looks AS VINTAGE JERSEYS.

Let's see some new stuff from Montreal, Detroit, Chicago, and Toronto!

Let's See Action!

Let's See People!

Let's Be Free!

Let's See Who Cares!

-The Who, "Let's See Action"

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

It all goes back to the unwritten rule... if you have the most championships in a sport, you're not allowed to mess with your unis (unless it's a throwback).

I'm of the opinion that the Habs or Red Wings adding a uniform wouldn't be messing with them.

After the Rangers had undisputable success with the introduction of their third, it blows my mind the other old schoolers didn't fallow suit. What a missed opportunity.

Don't do it! For the love of God! Don't fall into this 3rd jersey trap crap. Especially an Original Six team. I've been forever wounded as a Bruins fan as they still continue to wear there 3 current "Minor League" uniforms. Keep the tradition going Montreal!

I joined two days before you. I'M the original Habsfan. ^_^

It's just a minor league team, I don't really think Montreal would add a jersey. The only real changes since the late 40's were the closing of the C and the removal of the tie-ups(Woo hoo!)

I'll use this thread to terrify some people with some hockey history...

Apparently the Toronto Maple Leafs had their origins from the original Montreal Canadiens franchise. This is being discussed on the "hockhist" Yahoo!Group right now and it breaks down like this:

The original Canadiens, simply called Les Canadiens (yeah, I'm ignoring accents 'cause I'm too lazy to type them) were sold to interests in Toronto for the 1910-11 season. That team joined the National Hockey Association a couple years later in 1912-13 as the Toronto Blueshirts. The Blueshirts were given a spot in the newborn NHL in 1917 (where they were known as the Torontos for a season before becoming the Arenas) and later (through a "reorganization") became the St. Patricks. In 1927, the St. Pats became the Maple Leafs.

Meanwhile, after Les Canadiens were sold to Toronto, Montreal got another team called Club de Athletique Canadien. The players from Les Canadiens all join the CAC, but it is officially a different franchise. That team is now the Montreal Canadiens.

Of course, if you're a Leafs or Habs fan ready to cry about this, you can always argue that the "reorganization" that the St. Pats sprung from ended the original Canadiens team, so there is a way out.

Archived