Phillies "philadelphia" script concept

cityofphilly1991

Ok guys I have a feeling this isnt going to be a big hit because it never made the field. Yet again I'm creating another phillies concept based off of a 1992 prototype. The script on the front spells out "Philadelphia". Unfortunately its a bit too many letters for a jersey but I remade mine on our cream alternates with a different font outlined in blue. I thought it looked a bit better b/c the font isnt as bubbles and takes up a bit less space, but idk if it would look so hot on the field.

1992 Prototype: phils1992-1.jpg

My remake: Philliesroadalternate.jpg

A few things are bothering me. The font doesn't match the phillies font very well, so if this jersey were used with the current ones it would seem out of place. Even when paired with that hat, the P's are very different.

Also teams rarely use a city name on a home jersey. I think the only team that does this now is the Rangers, and it seems odd to me that they do.

A few things are bothering me. The font doesn't match the phillies font very well, so if this jersey were used with the current ones it would seem out of place. Even when paired with that hat, the P's are very different.

Also teams rarely use a city name on a home jersey. I think the only team that does this now is the Rangers, and it seems odd to me that they do.

I hear you I hate how texas got rid of their "Rangers" jerseys. I'll try this on our current grays, but the only problem is that I cnt find a way to replicate the phillies current font. I dnt think its legal or something lol. IF you or anyone you know finds a way let me know that would be amazing help (bow)

I understand how you feel about the fonts. For the life of me, I cannot replicate fonts at all. I might be able to offer some advice though. First off what would make this easier is too save your files in .png. I had a lot of trouble with this too because I didn't know how.

When your ready to save your MS paint file, type in your name you want to save it as. However, before you click save, look for a drop down menu right below where you typed in your save name. Click on it and choose PNG. Now you won't have all that fuzziness and you'll be able to come back to the file and recolor it or whatever without it being all pixelated. So anyways, for this project, I would forget about the Phillies current script and build your own based off of that 'Philadelphia' script you have there. Like I would make 'Phillies' out of the Philadelphia script so that they would both match. Will you put of this script on a road gray? I'd like to see it.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I hear you I hate how texas got rid of their "Rangers" jerseys. I'll try this on our current grays, but the only problem is that I cnt find a way to replicate the phillies current font. I dnt think its legal or something lol. IF you or anyone you know finds a way let me know that would be amazing help (bow)

You can do whatever you want with fonts, as long as it's for personal use and you aren't going to gain any money off of it.

Signals made the Philadelphia wordmark for someone in the requests section a couple of weeks ago http://i.imgur.com/ZI4Uw.png

Wow thats awesome. How was he able to replicate the font. And do you know where the post is b/c im only getting the pic and cant find his post anywhere. His member name is just "Signals" right cause i cant find him.

I understand how you feel about the fonts. For the life of me, I cannot replicate fonts at all. I might be able to offer some advice though. First off what would make this easier is too save your files in .png. I had a lot of trouble with this too because I didn't know how.

When your ready to save your MS paint file, type in your name you want to save it as. However, before you click save, look for a drop down menu right below where you typed in your save name. Click on it and choose PNG. Now you won't have all that fuzziness and you'll be able to come back to the file and recolor it or whatever without it being all pixelated. So anyways, for this project, I would forget about the Phillies current script and build your own based off of that 'Philadelphia' script you have there. Like I would make 'Phillies' out of the Philadelphia script so that they would both match. Will you put of this script on a road gray? I'd like to see it.

Wow sorry im just getting this, yes ill def put this on the gray jersey and ill even put my "P" on the cap and in the script "phillies" on the home and this cream jersey. Thanks for the advice again.

Nice job, but that's a really long name...I'm not usually one for abbreviations but perhaps a PHILA jersey would work here?

~Dan

Thanks man and ill try to throw it on the front of the road jersey, it may come out a little crappy b/c i gota delete the phillies reg script from the jersey, actually ill just put it on an empty template however i dnt know how to make stripes yet, so the white, red, and white on out sleeves wont be there lol

Philadelphia is just too long of a name to look good on a jersey.

Much like Saltalamacchia.

In this case it's not the name on the back of the jersey that looks terrible, it's the name on the front.

Ok heres the gray with "Philadelphia", i used one of my previous road concepts with the addition of the bell on the sleeve thats why lines with the buttons are a little off, if u know how to reconnect lines or delete scripts from jerseys without getting rid of stitching going down with the buttons, thatd be extremely helpful lol. Notice I also added my "P" to the hat so it would all match, doesnt look to bad as a future alternate or something.

philliesroad3-2.gif

Ok heres the gray with "Philadelphia", i used one of my previous road concepts with the addition of the bell on the sleeve thats why lines with the buttons are a little off, if u know how to reconnect lines or delete scripts from jerseys without getting rid of stitching going down with the buttons, thatd be extremely helpful lol. Notice I also added my "P" to the hat so it would all match, doesnt look to bad as a future alternate or something.

philliesroad3-2.gif

philliesroad3-2.gif

To be honest this is a million times better than what they currently have. I'm a big fan of the Phillies 'P' cap but I feel that this one gives it a more classic feel which is something that the Phillies could embrace since they are the oldest team. The point of a logo IMO is that it can be timeless. In other words, it can last through any era. You nailed it with that hat. I think that road jersey is beautiful but I would buy that hat though and I'm a Pirates fan lol. The only thing I would change about the road jersey(I'm not saying to do it because it would probably take forever lol) is since the script is outlined in blue, I would make the piping blue-red-blue instead of white-red-white. I would also outline the numbers in blue. But that's just me. Nice job as always.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Nice job, but that's a really long name...I'm not usually one for abbreviations but perhaps a PHILA jersey would work here?

~Dan

Ok heres the "Phila" u requested, it actually doesnt look too bad, however i dnt know how the rest of the mlb world would feel bout it lol

philliesroadprototypefont.jpg

Heck, if the DIAMONDBACKS can have D-backs on their jersey, why not PHILA? There are 12 letters in D-I-A-M-O-N-D-B-A-C-K-S and P-H-I-L-A-D-E-L-P-H-I-A.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

This is my version of the Philadelphia script uniform I would like the Phillies to use one day. This is based off of the 1936 Phillies uniform and I think it is a great changeup to their current road uniforms. This is my first uniform mod I have ever done, so be gentle with the criticisms, lol. Thanks cityofphilly1991 for original script.

1936%2BTribute%2BUni.png

In my clearly unprofessional opinion, the old "P" script, like the one above, that the Phils used throughout the 60's is the best logo they have ever used. The new "P" is too fat and makes the logo look cartoonish. Just my humble opinion.

Here is the second version I made. I think this is turning into my favorite thus far.

1936%2BTribute%2BUni%2B3.png

philliesroad3-2.gif

To be honest this is a million times better than what they currently have. I'm a big fan of the Phillies 'P' cap but I feel that this one gives it a more classic feel which is something that the Phillies could embrace since they are the oldest team. The point of a logo IMO is that it can be timeless. In other words, it can last through any era. You nailed it with that hat. I think that road jersey is beautiful but I would buy that hat though and I'm a Pirates fan lol. The only thing I would change about the road jersey(I'm not saying to do it because it would probably take forever lol) is since the script is outlined in blue, I would make the piping blue-red-blue instead of white-red-white. I would also outline the numbers in blue. But that's just me. Nice job as always.

lol thanks man (i forgot my password to my 1991 account so i just signed in with my old one haha). I was thinking about outlining the numbers in blue like i did on my previous concepts, ur right it just looks so much better like our currennt cream jerseys. And the stripes wnt take forever at all ill givem a shot later in the day, however do you now how to make stripes that i can put on the sleeves and have em wrap around, i use the rectangle tool and its only good for stripes going straight down on pants or straight across.

~Dan

Ok heres the "Phila" u requested, it actually doesnt look too bad, however i dnt know how the rest of the mlb world would feel bout it lol

philliesroadprototypefont.jpg

Heck, if the DIAMONDBACKS can have D-backs on their jersey, why not PHILA? There are 12 letters in D-I-A-M-O-N-D-B-A-C-K-S and P-H-I-L-A-D-E-L-P-H-I-A.

lol i know right its redic, i wish it wasnt so long, but neways i thought this wasgona look too much like a :censored:ty basketball jersey, but it came out looking pretty good. thanks again man

Archived