GBHL Ice Hockey League

MJ12

I have been working on a new league based in Great Britain for some time now. Ice hockey in the UK is not the biggest sport and is classed as a minority sport and doesn't get a lot of attention compared to other sports including football(soccer) and cricket. The only way Ice Hockey gets any attention is if the NHL games are being broadcast on the american sports channels e.g. Versus and ESPN. There is currently 5 pro/semi pro leagues in britain but there is only one out of these leagues that have teams that can afford 8+ imports or ex-NHLers.

Now, onto my league!

Due to money being restricted in British ice hockey, in my league you are only aloud 4 imports (Non-British Born or Trained Players) so that the teams with less money have more chance against the bigger teams with more money. All of your imports can be on the ice at the same time aswell.

The league will structered up into 6 divisions each having 3 teams and everyteam will play everyone in your division home and away twice and everybody else home and away once to help with travel costs.

The 3 divisions are as follows:

Northern Division

Blackpool Tower Ranger

Newcastle Ninjas

Merseyside Falcons

Midlands Division

Birmingham Bombers

Nottingham Forice

Hull Hornets

Southern Division

London Bulldogs

Portsmouth Pirates

Brighton Beach Combers

Scotland Division

Loch Ness Monsters

Edinburgh Eagles

Perth Highlander

Wales Division

Cardiff Dragons

Snowdonia Ice Caps

Rhyl Rhinos

Ireland Division

Dublin Devils

Limerick Leprichaurns

Sligo Stars

All are Subject To Change

First up is the League logo..

2zyevdg.jpg

C+C apreciated

First team to come today

MAJESTIC 12 YOUTUBE CHANNEL

^^ PLEASE SUBSCRIBE ^^

There's a lot going on on those unis. I agree, simplicity is key. I would also play around with the league logo some more too. Looks like text next to an emblem, not a league logo. You should try to incorporate it better.

The league logo is terrible. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish with the sticks you've cobbled into a "font", but it's not working. Use a real typeface and it will look a lot better.

The Blackpool logo could work, but find a picture that isn't 100x100 pixels if you're going to use one. The color choice is good. The brown and gold go well together. The uniform has a nice classic feel to it which goes well with the crest.

Decent start. Clean things up and try not to use so many existing logos for your work (I'm assuming that lion isn't original either).

The league logo is terrible. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish with the sticks you've cobbled into a "font", but it's not working. Use a real typeface and it will look a lot better.

The Blackpool logo could work, but find a picture that isn't 100x100 pixels if you're going to use one. The color choice is good. The brown and gold go well together. The uniform has a nice classic feel to it which goes well with the crest.

Decent start. Clean things up and try not to use so many existing logos for your work (I'm assuming that lion isn't original either).

lion_head_logo_no_bkgrndweb.gif

Simple Google search for 'lion head logo'. Gotta be more creative than that, man... <_<

Archived