Worst College Logo and Uniforms

JamesCraven

Funny, we were just talking about this at lunch today. Florida has some great logos, yet they go with the stupid "Gators" script written out on their helmets. The same thing with Maryland... the M with the Maryland flag logo is great, even the turtle logo is good, but they have plain old "Terps" written on the helmet instead.

Bleh. <_<

Same with Duke in football. They have a great logo made very famous by a phenominally successful basketball program that would look sharp as hell on a (blue) helmet, and they instead opt for a script "Duke" that looks like it was done with a magic marker.

And, we won't even start on Illinois and the awesome cheif-head logo they are sitting on (and will never use, for reasons we know all too well) in favor of "Illini".

The Duke thing is more of tradition. Theyve had that logo since the '60s. I liked the Md. flag logo helmets. The team I'd really like to see use a better logo on their helmets is Miami. What is the meaning behind that big "U"? The old Ibis logo would look good on there IMHO.

The only reason Maryland's head coach went back to the old script "Terps" logo was that was the same style they wore when he played there. I really did like the old "M" with flag there, and if I was AD there, I would not touch it at all.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Can you please fix the link?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived