Oregon Pro Combat Concept

thespleenenator

I got this idea a little while back. I decided to combine classic colors with modern design.

OregonProCOmbat.png

C&C appreciated.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I think it's a little disjointed. The O's on the sleeves, why are they on the front and the back? Gray collars and cuffs, but that color is nowhere else on the uni, except for the socks. The numbers are also pretty darn sloppy. Take some time on your revisions, this has potential.

I personally really like the grey. The numbers and shoulders will be fixed after i get more C&C.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I personally really like the grey. The numbers and shoulders will be fixed after i get more C&C.

Didn't say I don't like it, it's the fact that it's only on really one area of the uniform. It just needs to be more consistent for a cohesive look.

Updated with suggestions

OregonProCOmbat-1.png

Your 0 needs to be flipped on the numbers, and yeah agreed fix the O's on the sleeves. Also, try to render the wings on the front of the helmet. I think that would help. That black outline around the numbers need to GTFO! I like the helmet though, good concept.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Your 0 needs to be flipped on the numbers, and yeah agreed fix the O's on the sleeves. Also, try to render the wings on the front of the helmet. I think that would help. That black outline around the numbers need to GTFO! I like the helmet though, good concept.

Fixed.

I dunno, still not a big fan of it. The gray is distracting me still because it's nowhere else, still. I agree with the numbers, as well. The O on the sleeves is also awkward when it's so forward facing, and not centered on the side. Just needs some more TLC and attention to detail IMO.

OregonProCOmbat-2.png

Not entirely sure what you mean by the O's on the side. I'm having a lot of trouble with the numbers.

Not entirely sure what you mean by the O's on the side. I'm having a lot of trouble with the numbers.

By the O's on the side, I mean they should be half showing on each side- unless your intention is to have them on the front of the shoulders. And even though it's not grey, the white still looks out of place to me. To put it simply: helmet: green, yellow. pants: green, yellow. top: green, yellow, white. The color is absent from the rest of the uniform, so it looks a little out of place, no matter if it's grey or white. Looks the same to me. Hope that helps.

A little advice from me: Presentation is key. Everything needs to be down to the finest detail and thought out thoroughly. While the overall idea behind this concept is a nice start, its coming across as very bland and amateurish because of the lack of elements.

Both the wings on the helmet and the "O"s on the shoulder looked forced. I've seen a sig with that style helmet executed perfectly, but it's not here. The O on the front of the shoulder would look very odd in real life. If you presented it on the sides it would go a LONG way.

Detail would go a long way here too. Where's the details on the helmet bumper, collar (especially if it's a pro combat) and pants? Shoes all white?

Just think you could take this same exact concept, refine your presentation, and get a lot better results in terms of positive feedback.

By the O's on the side, I mean they should be half showing on each side- unless your intention is to have them on the front of the shoulders. And even though it's not grey, the white still looks out of place to me. To put it simply: helmet: green, yellow. pants: green, yellow. top: green, yellow, white. The color is absent from the rest of the uniform, so it looks a little out of place, no matter if it's grey or white. Looks the same to me. Hope that helps.

Would it help if I made the belt white? And how do I crop pictures on Inkscape?

Not trying to be mean here. But your O logo is very pixelated and it makes the jersey look bad. My suggestion is too:

Try something new with the helmet. Maybe yellow w/ a green O outlined in white. The wings should be on the shoulder if they're gonna be anywhere. Second, Make the cuff match the collar. So it would be yellow with the thin white line on the inside. Lastly, make a pants stripe to get some white on the jersey. How? By simply taking your cuff/collar design and putting it on the pants. But make it mostly green outlined with the thin white stripe.

Untitled.png

Spleen... I like the winged helmet.

How would it look reversed? (Yellow on green)

I tired it, and for some reason the wings weren't as defined. But yeah, thanks for the feedback.

OK, now I'm torn between two designs, could you guys please tell me which one you like better?

OregonProCOmbat-3.png

Archived