Oregon Pro Combat V2

thespleenenator

I seemed like I got mixed results from the winged helmet. I think it would be good as a regular set, but not as a pro combat. So I decided to do something totally different.

OregonProCOmbat-4.png

C&C appreciated.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Gotta agree with Kev, not liking the helmet at all. Oregon's brand is almost entirely based on those wings and the O, anything else seems awkward. As for the rest of the uniform, you've got another disjointed look going on. Too much white, not enough yellow. And you've got carbon fiber wings on the jersey, but that pattern is nowhere else. Slow it down and think it out. You've just got something that's all over the place here, and same with the old thread too.

Gotta agree with Kev, not liking the helmet at all. Oregon's brand is almost entirely based on those wings and the O, anything else seems awkward. As for the rest of the uniform, you've got another disjointed look going on. Too much white, not enough yellow. And you've got carbon fiber wings on the jersey, but that pattern is nowhere else. Slow it down and think it out. You've just got something that's all over the place here, and same with the old thread too.

I don't want the O on the helmet. The entire point is the have something different than their normal helmet. Otherwise, it just looks like a recolor.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Ok, no more white, just two colors (besides the Nike Logos): Green and Carbon.

OregonProCOmbat-5.png

Take some time with these and think them out. It feels like you're just pumping these updates out as fast as you can (from the other thread included). Quality over quantity.

What's wrong with the quality? Thing has been evolving for about two days now. It's taken me a while to get here.

You put out an update half an hour after posting this thread. Just sit down and think through the piece and give it the time it deserves. Best piece of advice is that in a way, this is like art (as corny as that sounds). The more time invested and attention to detail paid will result in a better looking finished product. There's little progress between updates besides color changes or pasting logos. Explore the program and learn it. The better you know the tools, the better your finished piece will be. Just trying to help.

You put out an update half an hour after posting this thread. Just sit down and think through the piece and give it the time it deserves. Best piece of advice is that in a way, this is like art (as corny as that sounds). The more time invested and attention to detail paid will result in a better looking finished product. There's little progress between updates besides color changes or pasting logos. Explore the program and learn it. The better you know the tools, the better your finished piece will be. Just trying to help.

I don't really know what needs to be fixed at this point. I love it the way it is. The only thing I would ask is do you know how to crop images on inkscape? Other than that, I don't know what else to do. I had a previous design That I completely scraped for this. What else should I do?

I didn't say the O has to be on the helmet. If you read what I wrote, I said the icons of the university are the O and the wings, not that duck thing you have on the helmet. I agree with aawagner, and I'll say it again: slow down and think.

The numbers still look bad. And the O looks better on the helmet, IMO. That duck is....well....ugly.

I donno, I dont think the duck is bad. It functions well as a logo, just not as a blown up logo on one side of a helmet. The Oregon O is so perfect, it needs not changing.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

FIxed the numbers, helmet, and shoulders. Looks good now i guess.

OregonProCOmbat-6.png

FIxed the numbers, helmet, and shoulders. Looks good now i guess.

OregonProCOmbat-6.png

I mean do what you think looks cool. Just sharing what I prefer. In the end it should be yours. But again, what I think, is now the shoulders are awfully crowded...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

bump to prevent it from going to page 3

Archived