Diamondbacks 1998 Alternate Caps

rmackman

I actually own one of these, but I don't remember them ever actually wearing it. I feel like they intended to, but never actually did:

Arizona-Diamond-Backs-1998-Inaugural-Season-59Fifty-New-Era-Fitted-Caps-teal-purple-B.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The teal on teal hat was never worn if I recall correctly. They had a teal hat with a purple logo, but it was very rare

Yes you're right...the hat I have is teal on purple. This hat was made incorrectly, and I didn't even notice it. Either way, I wonder if there are photos of the teal hat/purple visor/purple A being used on the field.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

They had a teal crowned, purple billed cap with a normal sized purple logo that they did wear numerous times during their inaugural season but that was it.

19ardivssand.jpg

Yup

If memory serves me right, they also had a white crowned cap for their first year. Their road cap was black crown, teal brim

Go A's!

The white caps were worn for a few years. The teal, I believe, didn't survive the first season, same for the original road cap, the black and teal.

Both the white and teal caps were gone after the 1998 season, as well as the black and teal road cap. They introduced the snake D in 1999 and used that only that and the purple hat up until the color change.

Manchester-City-icon.png

Archived