2011 Pro Combat "Speed Machine" Templates

TheOneAndOnlyMau

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the idea of "earning someone's respect" in order to play around with a template. If you're going to post a template to the concept board, let anyone have it.

where did i say they had to earn my respect?

ive had people use this template for commercial purpose so they screwed it for everyone. if they want it, they can ask. I dont want this butchered like davidsons template was.

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

I don't like the idea of "earning someone's respect" in order to play around with a template. If you're going to post a template to the concept board, let anyone have it.

ive had people use this template for commercial purpose so they screwed it for everyone. if they want it, they can ask. I dont want this butchered like davidsons template was.

You should have just kept it for yourself. I made a template using the same photo a while back and had dozens of people ask for it. I felt bad about being a jerk about it but like you said after seeing the Davidson debacle it doesn't sit well seeing something I did abused. I'm sure you feel the same way, so I was a little disappointed to see you giving it away so willingly. Kind of ruined my concept series when I had a guy start posting his concepts using your template in my series.

A problem with the concept section, is so many people are just taking these templates changing a few colors and saying "look what I did." If you make a template like that you did about 90% of the work, while they used the fill tool. Then we see 100 concept series start up, all using your template and all originality is thrown out the window...

You guys are really a little out of control here with your earning someone's respect montra... and to drdougfresh I busted my %^$# designing www.govenom.com and yes I used the player template to enhance the website. So what, this is a concept forum with people freely trading idea's and concepts.

No wonder Davidson no longer visits this forum.

You should have just kept it for yourself. I made a template using the same photo a while back and had dozens of people ask for it. I felt bad about being a jerk about it but like you said after seeing the Davidson debacle it doesn't sit well seeing something I did abused. I'm sure you feel the same way, so I was a little disappointed to see you giving it away so willingly. Kind of ruined my concept series when I had a guy start posting his concepts using your template in my series.

A problem with the concept section, is so many people are just taking these templates changing a few colors and saying "look what I did." If you make a template like that you did about 90% of the work, while they used the fill tool. Then we see 100 concept series start up, all using your template and all originality is thrown out the window...

You guys are really a little out of control here with your earning someone's respect montra... and to drdougfresh I busted my %^$# designing www.govenom.com and yes I used the player template to enhance the website. So what, this is a concept forum with people freely trading idea's and concepts.

No wonder Davidson no longer visits this forum.

Exactly, because of people like you who use others' creations (without their consent, might I add) to benefit your commercial site. Not cool.

It's plagiarism, if someone posted a logo on here would it be right for you to take it and sell it to a company as your work?

As much as I hate it, posting templates is fine if your going to use them to design concepts for this forum. But when you take that and pass it off as your own is wrong. Not to mention the real rights to that photo belong to Nike...

yeah i had to learn this one the hard way. I didnt think it would get out of hand like this but you just cant trust people... as you pointed out the photo rights belong to nike, im not trying to get hit with any copyright infringements

vmd: sorry i had absolutely no intention to ruin your concept series... it was actually one of my favorites in the concepts forum. hopefully youll be able to get a new template going and get it back up and running again. Again, my bad

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

yeah i had to learn this one the hard way. I didnt think it would get out of hand like this but you just cant trust people... as you pointed out the photo rights belong to nike, im not trying to get hit with any copyright infringements

vmd: sorry i had absolutely no intention to ruin your concept series... it was actually one of my favorites in the concepts forum. hopefully youll be able to get a new template going and get it back up and running again. Again, my bad

You didn't ruin it sorry if I cam off like that, was more the guy who started posting his concepts. Just know people will take advantage. No hard feelings

You didn't ruin it sorry if I cam off like that, was more the guy who started posting his concepts. Just know people will take advantage. No hard feelings

I personally would also love to see your series be rebooted-- I really liked what you had going. Design with a purpose, past the reasoning of "cuz it looks cool, bro". I'm a major proponent of well-thought out concepts, you had a pretty good run with that.

I personally would also love to see your series be rebooted-- I really liked what you had going. Design with a purpose, past the reasoning of "cuz it looks cool, bro". I'm a major proponent of well-thought out concepts, you had a pretty good run with that.

thanks for the for compliments, but I felt it was best to end it when I did. I have a lot of ideas for teams, just haven't had time to make a new template yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I thought we needed some new PS templates for the new Pro Combat uniforms. PM me if you want the link

Template 1:

NIKEPCSpeedMachinePassiveTemplate.png

Template 2:

NIKEPCSpeedMachineActionTemplate.png

I tried to PM you, but it wouldn't let me. I think these are probably the greatest template I've ever seen. If you can send the link to my email: joseph.creative.johnson@gmail.com I would be forever greatful.

• 7 months later...

I thought we needed some new PS templates for the new Pro Combat uniforms. PM me if you want the link

Template 1:

NIKEPCSpeedMachinePassiveTemplate.png

Template 2:

NIKEPCSpeedMachineActionTemplate.png

I'm a newbie and I don't have permission to PM. Any way you can send it my way via email?

tgfisher@gmail.com

Let's Go State!

• 1 year later...

Archived