My Personal Logo

GeauxColonels

So, I've been thinking about trying to come up with a personal logo to accompany any concepts I decide to work on and post in the future. Problem is that I could never really come up with anything. Sitting at work today an idea came up in my head that I had to jot down on a post-it note before I forgot it. I got home and immediately sat down at the computer to begin working on it. Like many of you, I wanted to use my initials in the design - K & P. Here's what I've come up with. C&C appreciated.

personallogo.png

These are just rough designs and nothing is set in stone - colors, strokes, etc. I do think I want to keep the stacked k & p though.

gYH2mW9.png

Color balance is off, and I dont mind the length, but think about how your going to use the design and so forth, think about that as well, not horrible for the first attempt.

Not sure what ou mean by color balance. Arenyou referring to the black vs red?

gYH2mW9.png

Color balance is off, and I dont mind the length, but think about how your going to use the design and so forth, think about that as well, not horrible for the first attempt.

Apologies, I feel that the Color balance is a bit overwhelming with you trying to make the subtle thing really obvious.... the Red just sticks it out instead of something you can just build with an imagination, which I understand.

Apologies, I feel that the Color balance is a bit overwhelming with you trying to make the subtle thing really obvious.... the Red just sticks it out instead of something you can just build with an imagination, which I understand.

I see. Yeah, the colors were nothing permanent at all. I just picked two colors while I was putting this together. Would it look better in a black/gray combo? Or a blue/gray?

Also, do the individual "k" and "p" letters come accross? I mean, I see them but I came up with the design. I'd like to know if one of the options pushes accross the idea better than the others.

gYH2mW9.png

I see. Yeah, the colors were nothing permanent at all. I just picked two colors while I was putting this together. Would it look better in a black/gray combo? Or a blue/gray?

Also, do the individual "k" and "p" letters come accross? I mean, I see them but I came up with the design. I'd like to know if one of the options pushes accross the idea better than the others.

With the red, I can clearly see your trying to define two different letters, but if the subtle, maybe one color may work, but I'd work with different widths and play around a little more, you could hit a home run with some time.

With the red, I can clearly see your trying to define two different letters, but if the subtle, maybe one color may work, but I'd work with different widths and play around a little more, you could hit a home run with some time.

Thanks for the input. I'll definitely work to refine it. My main concern was the basic shapes of the letters and if the "k" and "p" come accross well enough. I'll look into maybe thickening the lines a bit. I would rather make the design wider vs shorter. I want to keep the vertical ratios of the letters intact.

gYH2mW9.png

So, I've been thinking about trying to come up with a personal logo to accompany any concepts I decide to work on and post in the future. Problem is that I could never really come up with anything. Sitting at work today an idea came up in my head that I had to jot down on a post-it note before I forgot it. I got home and immediately sat down at the computer to begin working on it. Like many of you, I wanted to use my initials in the design - K & P. Here's what I've come up with. C&C appreciated.

personallogo.png

These are just rough designs and nothing is set in stone - colors, strokes, etc. I do think I want to keep the stacked k & p though.

i agree with you making the letters alil thicker but i would stick with the first design but attach the red together (no borders like the 3rd design)

So I think I took most of the comments into account, and I came up with the following. The first image has logos the same height as before, just with a different width of the strokes of the letters. The second set is a different height/width ratio for the letters. Again, with the colors, they are only there for illustrative purposes. In both images, the ones labeled "Version 1" and "Version 2" show the logo in one color. The other 2 versions have 2 colors that could be adjusted depending on what I'm working on and how I want to present it. As always, C&C is welcome and desired. Thanks.

personallogo2.png

personallogo2short.png

gYH2mW9.png

I would go with version 2 on the bottom and make the white line on the left much, MUCH thicker.

The white line will definitely be much thicker. I just shrunk down the longer logos and forgot to go back and adjust that negative space.

gYH2mW9.png

Remember you have think small scale too, IE business card applications, do you think the white will disappear and so on.

I'm not really sure what you mean...but this is just something for me to include on concepts I'll work on in the future. There won't be any business application of this logo at all.

gYH2mW9.png

Remember you have think small scale too, IE business card applications, do you think the white will disappear and so on.

I'm not really sure what you mean...but this is just something for me to include on concepts I'll work on in the future. There won't be any business application of this logo at all.

More so, try and look at it smaller because are you going to be putting that LARGE logo on the concepts or something smaller? so think about that spacing....

More so, try and look at it smaller because are you going to be putting that LARGE logo on the concepts or something smaller? so think about that spacing....

I think I get what you're saying, specifically are you referring to the negative horizontal space between the bottom of the "k" and the "p"?

gYH2mW9.png

Archived