Sign in to follow this  
kurpit

Eastern Michigan Eagle update

Put this together last night. Yay/Nay?

Current Logo: Eastern-Michigan-Eagles.jpg

My Logo Update: 2d0cgly.jpg

Looks sweet! They were due for a new logo for a long time. My Middle School logo was the current one, the used the Philadelphia Eagle head too. Wonder if they still use it.

Still looks a bit cartoon-y. The shape of the mouth should be straightened to make him look more intimidating instead of silly.

Otherwise, it's a great update. The choice for a block font for the E is great, as the font used on the current logo is just terrible for a sports logo.

117hiko.jpg

i had thought about using grey for the highlights but just wanted to keep the color scheme the same. i'm not into the green outline because the outline on the "E" is black so this makes it match less and it feels less cohesive to me.

This is quite good. Perhaps a sharp angle of reflection in the eye in place of the small circle? Regardless, this is better than EMU's current logo.

yay

Very helpful comment!

Seriously though, I like where you're headed with this. I've always hated EMU's identity (too boring, the rest of our state has interesting identities) and while this doesn't necessarily knock your socks off, it's a definite upgrade. I think maybe you should try to make the eagle look a little more angry/fierce-- perhaps through some visual flow and movement. Nevertheless, it's a much improved subtle change.

Put this together last night. Yay/Nay?

Current Logo: Eastern-Michigan-Eagles.jpg

My Logo Update: 2d0cgly.jpg

Looks WAY BETTER than the one the School Uses.