Duck logo

missouri tigers

great except for the eye. currently it looks dead. im not the best with eye detail, but look at some of Fraser Davidons and Joe Bosacks logos, see how they do it. cant tell if you're using black or navy blue, but a little bit lighter blue or green would look great

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

This is the kind of logo that would make a great secondary/alternate logo, but wouldn't fit the bill (tongue.gif) for a primary logo. Try to imagine this on the front of a jersey - it would look odd. That's not to take away from this logo, it's a great design. I just recommend adding a bit more to it for it to be primary-logo-worthy. For example: a body, maybe put it on something (like how some logos are on baseballs or maple leaves), even trying to change the perspective a bit, etc...

Look at the Quad City Mallards - their secondary/tertiary/alternate logos are all things like heads, flippers, etc... (much like yours). But their main logo includes the full duck. This would be an amazing alternate logo, but would need more to be the main one.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'll definitely do something about the eyes when I make the first set of revisions.

@BigBubba

It's not really inteded to be a primary logo, just something I sketched up real quick, and wanted to see how it transfered into a vector logo.

I totally see what you mean though. This logo was going to be a part of set of logos possibly including a full-body logo and wordmark, and maybe I'll add those later but for right now, this is what I have.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Really nice. The line weights are very appropriate for this logo. Colors work well together. As was said, the eye needs some work. My other suggestion would be for you to simplify some of the zig-zag lines, specifically on the cheek and the top of the beak. You could turn a pretty darn good logo into something iconic.

Great job on this!

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Archived