South Carolina Gamecocks football concepts

robo

I have been a Gamecock fan for close to 30 years. I made some uniforms based off of the mid 80's with a slightly modern touch to the helmet. Took the round white circle off where the block C used to be. The uniforms are based off of the 84 uniforms. The stripes are a little different, more like the mid 90's. There will be more to this set. This is basically what the home/away looked like from 84.

scgames12concept1.png

I'm not sure about the red helmet on the home uniform. Or maybe it's the red pants. I think if you changed either the pants to black (or white?) or the helmet to white, I'd be more on board.

The design overall is basic, but very nice looking. I really love SC's colors, and was a big fan of their previous set.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

Not trying to take over your thread by any means, but I also had a similar concept I did awhile back in the same style of yours- wish they would go to a classic design. I think the helmet going to garnet is of utmost importance.

gamecock_combat11a.jpg?t=1317909746

Thanks guys! I am going to tinker with the helmets stripes a little more. No problem Cola. I like those alot that you did. Would love to see them on the field. Did you post them on cockytalk too? I'm on there too, my name is sccock4life. The garnet helmets are way way over due. I started pulling for Carolina bigtime at 9, Morrison's first year 83'. So the garnet helmets hold a place in my heart. I am going to make some more combo's for this set. Cola could I get that helmet template and the font on the jerseys. I want to use that font for the text. Thanks.

I prefer SC's white helmets. Alabama, Mississippi State, Arkansas and Georgia each rock red lids already.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

We wore garnet helmets from 83-98. Many Carolina fans want them to go back to those helmets including myself. We wore them when we joined the SEC in 92. Lou Holtz changed them in 99 to white. I had always heard one of the reason we went to white was the number of teams with red helmets. I miss the garnet helmets and would like to see them again. The shade of garnet I used is off of a sc logo from the early 00's. I like the shade of garnet in the mid 80's much better than todays. It was about the same as this. We have never had a storied tradition, but the 10-2 season (1984) was the 2nd season I followed them and unfortunately is the best season we have had to date.

Archived