Colorado Rockies Uniform Concept

JSauer21

Beautiful. Light years ahead of the crap they're wearing now. You should watermark these images so that a designer doesn't steal them and sent them in to the team. You'd be pretty pissed if they took the field in something like this and you didn't get a dime for it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Beautiful. Light years ahead of the crap they're wearing now. You should watermark these images so that a designer doesn't steal them and sent them in to the team. You'd be pretty pissed if they took the field in something like this and you didn't get a dime for it.

Nice to see some insightful C&C here on an honest concept. If veterans like you are gonna b!tch about how the concept forum sucks nowadays, then lay off the hypocrisy and actually contribute by giving a guy the C&C he wants to get better. Don't get mad at fill-tool concepts only to laugh at original, out-of-the-box ideas. It doesn't take a veteran or a mod here to understand this - anyone who has a sense of basic logic can put the pieces together.

I like the idea, but it's pretty rough. A few pointers:

- The idea of a black-white-grey uni is great

- Are you sure that's the Rockies' purple?

- There's a lack of colour balance. A full black/grey uni and then a purple/white one. Even out the colours a bit more

- Shoulder numbers just aren't a good look for baseball uniforms

- Logos typically go on the left breast, not the right (the player's left; on the right side on our screens)

- On the black/grey unis, try to add more white for much needed contrast

- I actually like your unique striping idea, but on the white alt it just looks odd (like RBK Edge has moved to MLB)

- That white cap looks great

- The white jersey looks very 90s...not necessarily in a bad way, but more because that's when a bunch of teams tried unique, out-of-the-box ideas

- This is really small, but on the white jersey's pants, try to put white inbetween the 2 purple stripes; there's some major colour bleeding

This may seem harsh, but I think this concept has a lot of potential. I like your logo, and I remember the concept thread you made for it. I admire your creative ideas and outside-of-the-box approach on things. Do you think I would've taken the time to write all this down if I didn't think the concept could go somewhere?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Nice to see some insightful C&C here on an honest concept. If veterans like you are gonna b!tch about how the concept forum sucks nowadays, then lay off the hypocrisy and actually contribute by giving a guy the C&C he wants to get better. Don't get mad at fill-tool concepts only to laugh at original, out-of-the-box ideas. It doesn't take a veteran or a mod here to understand this - anyone who has a sense of basic logic can put the pieces together.

I like the idea, but it's pretty rough. A few pointers:

- The idea of a black-white-grey uni is great

- Are you sure that's the Rockies' purple?

- There's a lack of colour balance. A full black/grey uni and then a purple/white one. Even out the colours a bit more

- Shoulder numbers just aren't a good look for baseball uniforms

- Logos typically go on the left breast, not the right (the player's left; on the right side on our screens)

- On the black/grey unis, try to add more white for much needed contrast

- I actually like your unique striping idea, but on the white alt it just looks odd (like RBK Edge has moved to MLB)

- That white cap looks great

- The white jersey looks very 90s...not necessarily in a bad way, but more because that's when a bunch of teams tried unique, out-of-the-box ideas

- This is really small, but on the white jersey's pants, try to put white inbetween the 2 purple stripes; there's some major colour bleeding

This may seem harsh, but I think this concept has a lot of potential. I like your logo, and I remember the concept thread you made for it. I admire your creative ideas and outside-of-the-box approach on things. Do you think I would've taken the time to write all this down if I didn't think the concept could go somewhere?

These are good suggestions, I can't get to all of them now, but I'll most likely finish them by tomorrow night. Thank you for your help.

Y8aJP.jpg

loPFs.jpg

3udLk.jpg

x2Qo2.jpg

QMfFi.jpg

My Website/Portfolio: jsa-designs.devianart.com

Just FYI, BBTV was making an arrogant and really unnecessary sarcastic comment...

I'm too tired to give C&C right now, I'll edit this post tomorrow afternoon, just check it out then (after the edits).

Wow, are you serious?

Anyways, I like the uniqueness behind this concept. There are definitely some strong points here but like BigBubba said, it needs to be ironed out a little.

First Jersey: Move the "CR" logo on the chest down a tad. It's a little high right now. While I like the striping design on the sleeved jerseys, it doesn't really work for the sleeveless jerseys. I'd just keep the side detail for these jerseys and remove the part that sticks out over the front. Also, notice how the side detail on this jersey is mainly black with a white outline on both sides? Maybe make the pants striping the same way. In other words, the pants striping should be white-black-white so it matches the side detail better.

Sorry, I've got to leave right now, but I'll get to the rest later.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I like it - the "purple" is still too close too navy for my liking... I don't particularly like the darker color as middle piping either, I wish that could be uniform with the rest of the jersey.... Still an intriguing concept, though, it's got a lot of potential.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Much better! A few small changes made a world of a difference. I only have a few minor complaints:

- Try to add a bit more colour to the white jersey; it looks bland without it (make use of the side panels)

- Work on the colour distribution. Even just a small splash here and there will give the set as a whole a much more balanced look

- I didn't really mention this before, but black pants are a bit too much. Try keeping them grey (like the grey jersey's) with black socks, of course.

Nice to see that this concept is starting to take form.

Archived