Vancouver 2010 Official Poster Framing/Matting Options

BroadSt_Bully

So, I'm finally getting around to executing my big Christmas gift from last year: having my Vancouver 2010 tickets and official poster (see below) framed and matted.

The elements will be double-matted; the dilemma is which colors to use in order to make the poster and tickets (all blue/green/white dominant) "pop". I've consulted a couple framers and they've suggested some odd options: 1.) blue main "outer" mat highlighted by red, and 2.) red main "outer" mat highlighted by yellow.

I'm opening it up to this community to see what you guys think. Any ideas or color combinations I should use with for the matting? Thanks!

3672603768_6859f95152.jpg

You really can't go wrong, but I would use wither red or yellow as your inner map because green or blue will "disappear" into the leaf on the left hand side of the picture. I think red "pops" the most but am not sure that isn't because it kind of clashes. I would personally go with either yellow inner/green (matching the lower right words) outer or yellow inner, blue (again matching the words in the lower right) outer matte.

My other idea, though I don't think it "pops" the way you want would be to do the inner/outer matte's to match either the words in the lower right (but then I fear that "disappearing effect" or the words and Olympic rings in the upper right.

Just my thoughts. I definitely would like to see the end result though!

Rob

Personally I think one of the mattes should be white, but that's a personal preference. One thing I would do is either bring the print or a good, accurate copy of it and physically match up the colors. The framer wouldn't even have to cut it, just put the two options on top of each other on each side so you can see how they will work. I too look forward to seeing the end result!

So, I'm finally getting around to executing my big Christmas gift from last year: having my Vancouver 2010 tickets and official poster (see below) framed and matted.

The elements will be double-matted; the dilemma is which colors to use in order to make the poster and tickets (all blue/green/white dominant) "pop". I've consulted a couple framers and they've suggested some odd options: 1.) blue main "outer" matte highlighted by red, and 2.) red main "outer" matte highlighted by yellow.

I'm opening it up to this community to see what you guys think. Any ideas or color combinations I should use with for the matting? Thanks!

3672603768_6859f95152.jpg

I would go with a green outer mat (I really like the green that they used for the games) and a yellow inner mat.

BCBannersSig.png

If you lived anywhere near Boston, I'd send you to my framer. He does wonderful things with tickets, posters, athletic events memorabilia.

He's framed my tickets/media passes from:

- 1999 Ryder Cup

- 1999 All Star Game

- 2006 Women's Final Four

- Entire Ticket Strip from 2008 All Star Game Weekend

- Ticket, Pin, Pin Card, "I was there" Pin from First Game at New Yankee Stadium

- Ticket, Piece of paint from wall, final season patch, final seaoon pin from Last Game at Old Yankee Stadium

- Front page of SF Chronicle from Barry Bonds' 600th Home Run, Commemorative Pin, ticket (you can see me in the background of the picture)

He's simply amazing, and the things he does with color...I asked him what he would go with, and he said "black and a silver/platinum" - so you may be on the right track. I'd go with a dark frame however, to make the white and blues really pop.

Bring your stuff to the framer, or bring color copies, and a good framer will actually lay it out for you to see what you like - and don't scrimp on the frame.

If you lived anywhere near Boston, I'd send you to my framer. He does wonderful things with tickets, posters, athletic events memorabilia.

He's framed my tickets/media passes from:

- 1999 Ryder Cup

- 1999 All Star Game

- 2006 Women's Final Four

- Entire Ticket Strip from 2008 All Star Game Weekend

- Ticket, Pin, Pin Card, "I was there" Pin from First Game at New Yankee Stadium

- Ticket, Piece of paint from wall, final season patch, final seaoon pin from Last Game at Old Yankee Stadium

- Front page of SF Chronicle from Barry Bonds' 600th Home Run, Commemorative Pin, ticket (you can see me in the background of the picture)

He's simply amazing, and the things he does with color...I asked him what he would go with, and he said "black and a silver/platinum" - so you may be on the right track. I'd go with a dark frame however, to make the white and blues really pop.

Bring your stuff to the framer, or bring color copies, and a good framer will actually lay it out for you to see what you like - and don't scrimp on the frame.

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I formally placed my order yesterday and ended up going with a pewter wood-grain frame, with a black outer mat and pewter inner mat. It looked exceptionally sharp when we laid everything out. Should be ready around New Year's and I'll post pictures when I pick it up!

Thanks again, everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived