Brawl between two old men!

Swiss

Here is a little background to the grudge by Vancouver Sun sports writer Jim Taylor...

Video: Grey Cup Memories: Sports writer Jim Taylor recalls the 1963 Cup when...

I wish I could find video of the actual play. I also wish I could find the video featuring Mosca wrestling, with the late great Dick Beddoes cheering him on from ringside...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Did I miss something? Everyone makes Kapp out to be the bad guy in this, but Mosca tells him to "shove (the flower) up (his) ass", then hits him with a cane (after the somewhat immature placement of the flower in Mosca's face). There's really no excuse for either of them, but it doesn't seem to me like Kapp starts the fight.

Earlier in the night, Mosca had gone up to Kapp privately and offered a handshake, and Kapp blew him off. Then, when it's all public, Kapp offered Mosca the flower to make himself look like the 'good guy'. Mosca can barely walk, so when a guy shoves a flower in his face aggressively, I can understand him cracking the other guy upside the head with his cane.

Hitting a guy with a metal cane is an acceptable response?? I don't care what Kapp did...you don't swing metal at somebody's face...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived