A new trend in football/soccer uniforms?

RevNet

sevilla_fans_paying_to_have_tiny_photo_of_themselves_on_players_shirts.jpg

Always looking for a new way to squeeze money out of their most loyal supporters, football clubs have found a new racket that could soon become common practice -- letting fans pay to have a tiny picture of themselves worn by the player of their choice.

Taking a cue from the Million Dollar Homepage, Sevilla has become the first top-flight football club to sell small squares within each player's number on the back of their shirts featuring a photo of the buyer for ?24.90 ($33.35) each.

The idea of a company called Playing 2, Sevilla fans (or anyone else) can go to its website, select the player they want to wear their mug and the exact spot on the number they want to appear for the entire season.

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=sow-wp7137

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

I can as a one time thing for a one off jersey for say a 100th anniversary or something like that. Clubs have put their players on the shirts why not the fans? Especially if they are ready to spill out extra cash for the right to be on it

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

How did Nike NOT come up with this first???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived