Baseball 2030

Gamingboy

If I had it my way, by 2030 baseball would have 34 teams, 8 divisions.

Total 34 teams

AL: 17 teams

AL EAST:

Baltimore Orioles

Boston Red Sox

New York Yankees

Toronto Blue Jays

AL CENTRAL:

Chicago White Sox

Cleveland Indians

Detroit Tigers

Kansas City Royals

Minnesota Twins

AL WEST:

Anaheim Angels

Oakland Athletics

Seattle Mariners

Portland Roses (Expansion)

AL South:

Texas Rangers

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

San Juan Palms (Expansion)

Monterrey Pesos (Expansion)

NL: 17 Teams

NL EAST:

Washington Senators (Montreal Expos)

New York Mets

Philadelphia Phillies

Pittsburgh Pirates

NL Central:

Chicago Cubs

Milwaukee Brewers

St. Louis Cardinals

Colorado Rockies

NL West:

Arizona Diamondbacks

LA Dodgers

San Diego Padres

San Francisco Giants

Las Vegas Luxors (Expansion)

NL South:

Houston Astros

Atlanta Braves

Florida Marlins

Cincinnati Reds

Playoff format:

First round: The two top teams in each division play eachother in a best of 3 series. Bringing it down from 16 to 8. Then it's a best of 5 series between the winners of the "Divisional Championships". Then it's down to 4 teams for the League championships (best of 7). Then the World Series (best of 7).

Interleague play would go on a four year cycle: Each year one division would play another division's teams. So one year the AL East could be playing the NL West, then the next it would be NL South. Of course, sometimes when there is a uneven amount of teams (Like if the AL west played the NL west), then the "odd" team would just play against another team that is a "odd team out"(so if the Padres are the odd team out, they'd play a AL odd team out, like, say, the Detroit tigers). They'd then rotate so that another team would be odd team out.

NOTE: The expansion teams are cities that have shown interest in getting a baseball team, I just made up the names.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

ok, just so you know, this sort of thing is something the embattled former user known as "anichanger" or "xlr8r" was known for.

just thought Id give you a heads up

Ah well, I was bored. So I decided to just give my own version.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Well, there is 2 problems with this concept. 1 is MLB probably won't be expanding do to the problems they currently have. I don't see basbeall growing anymore than it already has.

The major problem however is that you can an odd number of teams in the league. This is why the leagues are uneven now. If you have an odd number of teams,with the way schedule works, you will have a team with 3 days in a row off. Plus, you would have 1 team in each league everyweek not playing on the weekend when you have big attendence crowds. This is why you can't have an odd number of teams in a league, and why currently the NL has 16 teams while the AL has 14.

You named the Monterrey team after a nearly-worthless coin?

Yeah. At least called them the Loonies :D

jkrdevil is right. You need an even number of teams in each league.

My idea of baseball in 2030 involves FEWER teams not more.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived